Unable to Connect Internet

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-08-27 11:44:54 - last edited 2020-08-28 01:47:38
Model: Archer A7  
Hardware Version: V5
Firmware Version: 1.0.6 Build 20181102 rel.37127(4555)

I am using Maxis Fibre Optic.

I bought a new router to replace router that provided by Maxis.

Problem: No internet connection with new router, okay with old router.

Wifi: Detect-able.

Setting at firmware: 

PPPoE username & password: Confirm correct

VLAN ID: Confirm correct

I have checked with Maxis that no configuration setup is required at the modem side.

Internet setting: IP address, gateway etc, all zero.

I cannot find anywhere that I can modify the IP etc. after setting the VLAN ID.

Is there any setting / configuration that I did not do, causing the internet line not working with the new router?

Thank you very much.

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Unable to Connect Internet-Solution
2020-08-28 01:47:23 - last edited 2020-08-28 01:47:38

@JC12345 

Hello,

Please confirm again if you have internet access on your computer when it is connected to the Maxis modem directly (not connected via the old router), as we need to ensure there is no special binding or limitation on your ISP side.

If the computer is connecting to the internet without any issue, then connect the modem back to the A7 and connect the same computer to the A7 LAN port, and follow the below steps to do MAC clone on the A7 to give it a go:

https://www.tp-link.com/support/faq/1556/

May it help.

Recommended Solution
Options
1 Reply
Re:Unable to Connect Internet-Solution
2020-08-28 01:47:23 - last edited 2020-08-28 01:47:38

@JC12345 

Hello,

Please confirm again if you have internet access on your computer when it is connected to the Maxis modem directly (not connected via the old router), as we need to ensure there is no special binding or limitation on your ISP side.

If the computer is connecting to the internet without any issue, then connect the modem back to the A7 and connect the same computer to the A7 LAN port, and follow the below steps to do MAC clone on the A7 to give it a go:

https://www.tp-link.com/support/faq/1556/

May it help.

Recommended Solution
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 437

Replies: 1

Related Articles