Deco P9 - dropping internal wifi constantly

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-08-27 15:56:17 - last edited 2020-08-28 11:42:16
Model: Deco P9  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.10 build 202000513 52023

OVer past few days Deco P9 network is dropping all internal connections every few minutes and is completely unreliable. No changes to configuration in place for last 3 months. Any suggestions?

How can I troubleshoot this?

I have tried many configurations, rebooted everything and still no relaible connections. Also seems that some devices such are less susceptible to this - Iphones connect to P9 but have no internet access yet a SMart TV can stream.

I am on latest public firmware, is there a beta I can try?

Update :

I have figured out it is the 'master' DEco P9 - is simply will not respond to pings - default gateway will not reply to pings. The other 2 devices downstairs are fine getting theit signal over powerline and respond to ping over wifi. How can I resolve this?

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Deco P9 - dropping internal wifi constantly-Solution
2020-08-28 11:42:11 - last edited 2020-08-28 11:42:16

@Alan.Buckley 

Hi, may I know who is your ISP and what is the model number of your modem? When the main Deco P9 is not responding to pings, how about the LED on the Decos, are they all blinking red?

If the connection between the main Deco and your modem is not stable, please ensure the modem is stable by connecting a computer to it directly with an Ethernet cable.

If the modem connection is stable, try to swap the main with another RE Deco and see if that helps:

https://www.tp-link.com/support/faq/2400/

Let me know if there is an update, thanks.

Recommended Solution
Options
4 Reply
Re:Deco P9 - dropping internal wifi constantly-Solution
2020-08-28 11:42:11 - last edited 2020-08-28 11:42:16

@Alan.Buckley 

Hi, may I know who is your ISP and what is the model number of your modem? When the main Deco P9 is not responding to pings, how about the LED on the Decos, are they all blinking red?

If the connection between the main Deco and your modem is not stable, please ensure the modem is stable by connecting a computer to it directly with an Ethernet cable.

If the modem connection is stable, try to swap the main with another RE Deco and see if that helps:

https://www.tp-link.com/support/faq/2400/

Let me know if there is an update, thanks.

Recommended Solution
Options
Re:Deco P9 - dropping internal wifi constantly
2020-08-30 08:08:22 - last edited 2020-08-30 08:15:11

Good morning,

Let me explain a little more about the setup :

I have my internet link terminated in an ASUS wireless router and an ethernet cable running from that device into the master P9 both of which are located side by side in my office. The other 2 P9 devices are downstairs at opposite ends of the house.The 2 P9  devices downstairs are fine - no connectivity issues, full ping response etc.

In the office, I now have to use the ASUS router wireless connection to work and this is 100% reliable. The issue with the master  P9 has started in the last 10 days and took a while to figure out. Basically the connection is intermittent, no ping response at times etc. No changes made to setup which may have introduced the change.

There is no reason to doubt the connection between the master P9 and Asus is unstable as both P9's downstairs are fine. For example, Netflix will run without any issue on smart TV downstairs using P9 downstairs, but I can't connect to master P9 at same time. To me it is an issue with master P9 - why does it not even reply to ping?

No red lights on any P9, all recently rebooted and mesh restablished with no issues (over powerline). The model is a P9(EU) Ver 1.

What do you hope to achieve by swapping the P9's? Is there some way to get elevated access to troubleshoot this issue? It is not an IP Address conflict issue as I have stepped through the entire IP ranges etc and there are no overlaps between devices / routers etc

I have attached 2 screen shots below from Iphone app showing network connectivity with IP Address, yet Deco App has just timed out (apologies for size of images!)

@TP-Link_Deco 

Options
2020-09-02 02:06:03

@Alan.Buckley 

Hello, thanks a lot for all the details.

We will escalate your case to the engineers, they will help investigate further and help you out. If you are willing to follow it up, please check your email box and respond, thanks.

Options
2020-09-02 12:11:01

@TP-Link_Deco Hi there, yes please I will follow this up as I need to get this issue resolved.

TP-Link_Deco wrote

@Alan.Buckley 

Hello, thanks a lot for all the details.

We will escalate your case to the engineers, they will help investigate further and help you out. If you are willing to follow it up, please check your email box and respond, thanks.

Options

Information

Helpful: 1

Views: 938

Replies: 4