Deco M4 loses connection

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Deco M4 loses connection

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Deco M4 loses connection
Deco M4 loses connection
2020-08-28 19:25:27 - last edited 2020-10-28 09:21:42
Model: Deco M4  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

We have a big house over 6,000 sq. feet. I bought 6 Decos and attached one to the xfinity gateway, then added the other 5 spacing around house.  One Deco on the second floor is hardwired to the main Deco.  Everything worked fine for 5 days. Now the extenders on wifi lose their connections, then come back on.  I have restarted the gateway and all the routers.  Any thoughts?

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Deco M4 loses connection-Solution
2020-09-01 03:44:14 - last edited 2020-10-28 09:21:42

@bbuckley 

Hello,

As per your description, it seems that the main Deco and the Ethernet connected satellite Deco are stable but the other satellite units are dropping, please help confirm the below and we will help fix it:

1. Is the main M4 working as a router or an Access Point? Please tell me how do you connect the Deco units to each other? In other words, the network topology/network diagram. Is it like below?

Xfinity gateway------main Deco M4 (Router mode?)-----2nd Deco M4, all the other four Deco M4 units are connected wirelessly?                                                                            

2. How often do the satellite Decos drop the connection? And how do you make them back to work again? 

3. How far between the satellite Decos and the main Deco? Is it possible to move them closer and give it a go?

Any updates, please let me know.

Recommended Solution
Options
1 Reply
Re:Deco M4 loses connection-Solution
2020-09-01 03:44:14 - last edited 2020-10-28 09:21:42

@bbuckley 

Hello,

As per your description, it seems that the main Deco and the Ethernet connected satellite Deco are stable but the other satellite units are dropping, please help confirm the below and we will help fix it:

1. Is the main M4 working as a router or an Access Point? Please tell me how do you connect the Deco units to each other? In other words, the network topology/network diagram. Is it like below?

Xfinity gateway------main Deco M4 (Router mode?)-----2nd Deco M4, all the other four Deco M4 units are connected wirelessly?                                                                            

2. How often do the satellite Decos drop the connection? And how do you make them back to work again? 

3. How far between the satellite Decos and the main Deco? Is it possible to move them closer and give it a go?

Any updates, please let me know.

Recommended Solution
Options

Information

Helpful: 1

Views: 610

Replies: 1

Related Articles