Unable to connect 3rd TP box.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-08-29 04:01:23 - last edited 2020-10-28 09:21:34
Model: Deco M5  
Hardware Version: V3
Firmware Version: 1.4.7

Out of the box, 3 units (going to call this A B C).

- Setup box A In living room to my Verizon router via Ethernet cable provide by TP. Connect perfectly with app on iPhone.

- Setup box B in my study in back of the house. Connected perfectly.

- Setup box C on second floor bedroom. Would NOT connect. Steady red light. Followed online troubleshooting guide. Brought box C and placed it next to box A ... reset box C and setup failed again. Tried Bluetooth connection and failed also.

- Disconnected box B in the study and did a new setup in the study with box C (wanted to ensure it was not an hardware issue) and box C connected fine. 

- brought box B up to second floor and tried setting up and failed again. 

- Reset all 3 boxes. Box A connected with router like before. Instead of setting up in the study ( back of the house) I decided to set up box C again on the second floor and it connected FINE. Now I went to the study and tried the third box which is box B and it did NOT connect.

So for some reason, it is having issues making the 3rd connection. So all hardware is working. It is not a distant issue as now 2nd floor bedroom is connected and now back of the house it is not connecting as it was earlier. 

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Unable to connect 3rd TP box.-Solution
2020-09-01 03:52:56 - last edited 2020-10-28 09:21:34

@Coolee 

Hello,

Is your ISP Verizon and the main Deco is working in Access Point mode?

So now the Deco B is no longer working in the study room while C is working fine on the second-floor bedroom? Please reset B again and try to add it back on the Deco app and show us which step do you get stuck with?

https://www.tp-link.com/support/faq/1447/

Thanks.

Recommended Solution
Options
1 Reply
Re:Unable to connect 3rd TP box.-Solution
2020-09-01 03:52:56 - last edited 2020-10-28 09:21:34

@Coolee 

Hello,

Is your ISP Verizon and the main Deco is working in Access Point mode?

So now the Deco B is no longer working in the study room while C is working fine on the second-floor bedroom? Please reset B again and try to add it back on the Deco app and show us which step do you get stuck with?

https://www.tp-link.com/support/faq/1447/

Thanks.

Recommended Solution
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 411

Replies: 1

Related Articles