Deco PS4 wired not getting internet

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-08-29 12:13:25 - last edited 2020-09-02 08:39:51
Model: Deco X60  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

hi, just go the deco X60 the mesh wireless works great, however on my main deco i connect the extra free port to my PS4, for a better connection, however my ps4 is not getting internet in the test internet connection setting it failed to even get an IP adressed and yes, its wired properly. 

Any help on the issue? Settings maybe? 

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Deco PS4 wired not getting internet -Solution
2020-09-02 08:39:32 - last edited 2020-09-02 08:39:51

@FQH2 

Hello,

Please ensure your PS4 is not using a static IP address that may not be in the same IP subnet of the Deco. If you need to use a static IP address on the PS4, you need to make sure it is in the Deco IP range.

Additionally, please check if the VLAN/IPTV is enabled on the Deco app and ensure no LAN ports have been used for IPTV.

May this help.

Recommended Solution
Options
4 Reply
Re:Deco PS4 wired not getting internet -Solution
2020-09-02 08:39:32 - last edited 2020-09-02 08:39:51

@FQH2 

Hello,

Please ensure your PS4 is not using a static IP address that may not be in the same IP subnet of the Deco. If you need to use a static IP address on the PS4, you need to make sure it is in the Deco IP range.

Additionally, please check if the VLAN/IPTV is enabled on the Deco app and ensure no LAN ports have been used for IPTV.

May this help.

Recommended Solution
Options
Re:Deco PS4 wired not getting internet
2020-09-03 13:25:14

@TP-Link_Deco 

The ps4 is not on static IP, and the deco app is enabled for vlan and iptv, and on the main deco one port is for the moderm and the other is direct to the ps4.

Still no internet or IP address for my ps4

Options
2020-09-04 02:43:02

@FQH2 

Hi,

Sorry for causing misunderstanding, what I mean is that the IPTV/VLAN should be disabled, as the other port on the main Deco can only be used for the IPTV if it is enabled. So please disable the IPTV/VLAN on your Deco system.

Does your PS4 work before with your old router? Please try another new cat5e or cat6 cable again and ensure the connection between the PS4 and the main Deco is good.

If all the other devices work fine with the Deco network, it is suggested to contact the PS4 support as well to check the basic settings on it and ensure it can get IP address from the Deco system.

Thanks.

Options
2021-02-13 10:59:32

@TP-Link_Deco so what do we do if we need Iptv/Vlan enabled for our Internet? 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1352

Replies: 4

Related Articles