WR940N weird problem ( Must read)

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-08-30 06:06:02
Model: TL-WR940N  
Hardware Version: V6
Firmware Version: 3.20.1 Build 200316 Rel.34392n (5553)

Hi I am having the  problem with  samsung mobile and mi mobile phone.. While on whatsapp video call  if I will use google chrome , it will say no internet even though the wifi is connected (it happens for  like 30 secs and then works fine). At first I thought it was my mobile phone but its it happening on all of my 3 mobile phone...Please help its really irritating 

Options
4 Reply
Re:WR940N weird problem ( Must read)
2020-08-31 07:29:30

@oldman22 

Hello,

Do you mean when you are using WhatsApp video call on your Samsung/Mi mobile phone and launch the google chrome at the same time, it will show no internet for about 30s, then connects to the internet fine automatically?

May I know how much bandwidth you paid for your internet service? Have you tested how much bandwidth you have when connected to the wireless network? If not yet, please download speedtest app on your phone and do a simple test. If the wireless speed is not good and you are using the video call, which may occupy most of your bandwidth, thus you will be unable to launch the browser for some time.

What if you don't use WhatsApp video call, will there be an issue when launching the google chrome or any other application or browser?

Thanks.

If you found a post or response helpful, please click Helpful (arrow pointing upward icon). If you are the author of a topic, remember to mark a helpful reply as the "Recommended Solution" (star icon) so that others can benefit from it.
Options
2020-08-31 07:40:50

@Kevin_Z 

I have enough bandwidth.. I have 50mbps.. While using my phone I don't download anything or watch anything..

Yes it happens only during whatsapp video call or Messenger video call.. if while video call I try to open Google Chrome and surf the web the internet gets disconnected for 30 secs .... But if I am not using video calls internet works fine no problem...

Options
2020-09-03 11:14:28

@oldman22 

Hi,

Just to verify, what if you try to open another browser, will it need 30s as well to load a page when using video call? There seems little we can do on the router for this wired issue, but we will see if others can share some light on this.

Sorry about that.

If you found a post or response helpful, please click Helpful (arrow pointing upward icon). If you are the author of a topic, remember to mark a helpful reply as the "Recommended Solution" (star icon) so that others can benefit from it.
Options
2020-09-03 13:12:31

@Kevin_Z 

Just tested on Firefox.. it works fine with no issues.. it only happens in Google Chrome..I am sure it's a bug from tp link side

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 429

Replies: 4

Related Articles