Sky hub compatibility problems

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-08-30 13:53:16 - last edited 2020-09-02 07:11:18
Model: Deco M9 Plus  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Hi there,

Apologies in advance, I'm not the most technically proficient so some of this might seem very basic. Be kind :) 

I have purchased 2 x Deco M9 Plus (Ver: 2.0) to extend our wireless range to reach our new outdoor office. Our internet provider is Sky and we have a Sky Q Hub. I am based in the UK, if that matters...

Whilst setting up my M9 Plus I need to select my internet connection type where I'm given options of PPPoE, Static IP, Dynamic IP, PPTP, and L2TP...I've done a bit of searching online to identify which connection type applies for Sky Q Hub and I understand Sky uses MER aka Option 61. Is this accurate? In which case does that mean Sky Q Hub is not at all compatible with TP-Link? Or, if the two can be used together, which of the connection types in the drop down should I be selecting?

Thanks !

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Sky hub compatibility problems-Solution
2020-09-02 07:11:12 - last edited 2020-09-02 07:11:18

@BrianCoady89 

Hello, thanks a lot for all the info you've provided.

Can you confirm if you have internet access on your computer if you connect it directly to the Sky Q Hub? If yes, you can just configure the main Deco M9 as an Access point or you can choose Dynamic IP when configuring it in Router mode. Below is some guidance you may refer to:

https://www.tp-link.com/support/faq/1432/

May this help.

Recommended Solution
Options
1 Reply
Re:Sky hub compatibility problems-Solution
2020-09-02 07:11:12 - last edited 2020-09-02 07:11:18

@BrianCoady89 

Hello, thanks a lot for all the info you've provided.

Can you confirm if you have internet access on your computer if you connect it directly to the Sky Q Hub? If yes, you can just configure the main Deco M9 as an Access point or you can choose Dynamic IP when configuring it in Router mode. Below is some guidance you may refer to:

https://www.tp-link.com/support/faq/1432/

May this help.

Recommended Solution
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1192

Replies: 1