Deco M9 Plus "invalid Wireless Password"

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-08-31 04:00:24 - last edited 2020-09-02 06:49:43
Model: AC50  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.2.12 Build 20191014 Rel. 42025

Hello,

Just purchased and installed the Deco M9 Plus 3 pack in my house.  All hard wired devices are working find.  The wireless network seems to be a finiky.  New wireless devides have to try several times before they connect and recive the error message "Invalid Wireless Password".  My cell, which has the TP-Link app on it, drops wireless occaionaly and gets the same error several times before reconnecting. The SSID is simple and my password is very simple.  Have tried all the basics, reboots, power cycles, etc with no change.  Has anyone had similar issues, my next step is to reset the system and set it up again trying a differnet network name and password.  

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Deco M9 Plus "invalid Wireless Password"-Solution
2020-09-02 06:49:36 - last edited 2020-09-02 06:49:43

@Burkeyj 

Hi,

For the disconnect issues, we suggest you update the firmware of your Deco M9 system first:
1. We released a new firmware for the Deco M9 Plus V2 months ago, and below is the download link, which is marked Deco M9 Plus(EU)_V2_200324, or Deco M9 Plus(US) _V2_200324 on the local official website:
https://www.tp-link.com/support/download/deco-m9-plus/#Firmware

2. This new firmware can ONLY be updated via the Upgrade Tool, you cannot update it via web nor on the Deco app. Upgrade Tool can be downloaded from the below link:
https://www.tp-link.com/support/download/deco-m9-plus/#Utility

3. If you cannot log into the Upgrade Tool with your TP-Link ID and password, please try to forget your password on your Deco app and login again to confirm it is correct, do remember that both the ID and password are case-sensitive:
What if I forget the password of my TP-Link ID?
Note: If you still fail to update or login, it is suggested to try different computers.

Thanks a lot.

Recommended Solution
Options
2 Reply
Re:Deco M9 Plus "invalid Wireless Password"-Solution
2020-09-02 06:49:36 - last edited 2020-09-02 06:49:43

@Burkeyj 

Hi,

For the disconnect issues, we suggest you update the firmware of your Deco M9 system first:
1. We released a new firmware for the Deco M9 Plus V2 months ago, and below is the download link, which is marked Deco M9 Plus(EU)_V2_200324, or Deco M9 Plus(US) _V2_200324 on the local official website:
https://www.tp-link.com/support/download/deco-m9-plus/#Firmware

2. This new firmware can ONLY be updated via the Upgrade Tool, you cannot update it via web nor on the Deco app. Upgrade Tool can be downloaded from the below link:
https://www.tp-link.com/support/download/deco-m9-plus/#Utility

3. If you cannot log into the Upgrade Tool with your TP-Link ID and password, please try to forget your password on your Deco app and login again to confirm it is correct, do remember that both the ID and password are case-sensitive:
What if I forget the password of my TP-Link ID?
Note: If you still fail to update or login, it is suggested to try different computers.

Thanks a lot.

Recommended Solution
Options
Re:Deco M9 Plus "invalid Wireless Password"
2020-09-14 15:21:50

@TP-Link_Deco 

Does anybody know why this cannot be an OTA update since it is affecting so many systems? I just set mine up and could get main network to work on any device other than my phone. I most likely will take set back to Costco. They mfg needs to do the update instead of leaving this issue for customers to deal with. Just takes the whole plug and play system out of the units.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 885

Replies: 2

Related Articles