App stops at 'Failed to connect to [Deco Wi-Fi name]'

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-08-31 19:44:27 - last edited 2020-09-02 06:21:27
Model: Deco M4  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: Deco M4R (EU)

Hi,

I have got 2 x Deco AC1200 M4 which I hoped would sort out the issue with wifi signal in my home.

The issue is I cannot seem to finish the installation process in the app which says 'Failed to connect to [Deco wifi name]' & stops there. 

I have the main Deco connected to the router with the ethernet cable. It flashes blue. Everything seems to be OK. The router I use is Huawei EG8245H (2.4 GHz). 

Interesting is that the wifi is already there and I can see it on my mobile (although there's no password required - it's open - see 2nd picture below). I cannot see it on my win10 laptop though. 

I attached a picture of where i was stopped in the app to this thread. 

I'd really appreciate any help with this :-)

Thanks,

Jack

PS. I thought I'd add I am not an IT professional. I work with different software on a day-to-day basis & know how to change basic router settings, but in depth network configuration seems rather complicated to me. So if anyone has time to help out please keep this in mind :-) Thank you in advance for any replies. 

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:App stops at 'Failed to connect to [Deco Wi-Fi name]'-Solution
2020-09-02 06:21:05 - last edited 2020-09-02 06:21:27

@harlej9 

Hi, thanks for all the info you've provided.

As per the pics you attached, it seems that your phone may prefer to connect to the *BlackHole* network, which I assume is your Huawei EG8245H 2.4GHz network, am I right?

Please try to turn off that wireless network on your Huawei router or delete it on your phone completely, then re-launch the Deco app and connect to the default wireless network of the Deco M9 again to finish the setup.

Please also ensure there is no VPN connection on the phone, and you may disable the 4G cellular data as well.

May it help.

Recommended Solution
Options
2 Reply
Re:App stops at 'Failed to connect to [Deco Wi-Fi name]'
2020-08-31 19:44:48
Options
Re:App stops at 'Failed to connect to [Deco Wi-Fi name]'-Solution
2020-09-02 06:21:05 - last edited 2020-09-02 06:21:27

@harlej9 

Hi, thanks for all the info you've provided.

As per the pics you attached, it seems that your phone may prefer to connect to the *BlackHole* network, which I assume is your Huawei EG8245H 2.4GHz network, am I right?

Please try to turn off that wireless network on your Huawei router or delete it on your phone completely, then re-launch the Deco app and connect to the default wireless network of the Deco M9 again to finish the setup.

Please also ensure there is no VPN connection on the phone, and you may disable the 4G cellular data as well.

May it help.

Recommended Solution
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 612

Replies: 2