Internet switches off randomly in Archer C5400 Router

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-09-01 11:03:52 - last edited 2020-09-01 11:40:04
Model: Archer C5400  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version:

The internet keeps disconnecting on my AC5400 router. It disconnects 2-3 times in a day and I have to switch off & on the router from the mains to restart the internet. I have checked with my ISP and they say nothing's wrong at their end. I have also checked the settings of my router, especially the timer option wherein a person can set the time when of disconnection. All settings are ok. Also tried doing a factory reset but same issue persists. Can someone please help & guide me on how to solve this problem? It gets very irritating when during my online classes suddenly the internet stops & an orange LED glows on the router. 

Options
1 Reply
Re:Internet switches off randomly in Archer C5400 Router
2020-09-03 08:59:51

@zoozoo 

Hello,

May I know who is your ISP? What is the network bandwidth provided by your ISP? Please ensure the connection is stable when you connect the modem to the computer directly.

When the internet drops on the C5400, does it show the WAN port unplugged or any error on its web interface status page?

Ensure the cable between the C5400 and your ISP modem is good, try with another cat5e or cat6 cable if necessary.

How many devices are connected to the C5400 at the same time? What if you reduce the number of devices? Please ensure the firmware of the C5400 is up-to-date as well. 

Good days.

If you found a post or response helpful, please click Helpful (arrow pointing upward icon). If you are the author of a topic, remember to mark a helpful reply as the "Recommended Solution" (star icon) so that others can benefit from it.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1142

Replies: 1

Related Articles