Iphone connection issues

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Iphone connection issues

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Iphone connection issues
Iphone connection issues
2020-09-01 21:37:37 - last edited 2020-09-02 03:22:54
Model: Deco M9 Plus  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version: 1.2.12 Build 20191014 Rel. 42025

Recently upgraded to the M9 plus system a couple months ago, I have the main deco and one satellite deco running. Connection is usually good, but randomly both my wife's and my phones (iPhone 11) randomly drop WiFi connection. The phone says it's still connected to the WiFi, but nothing loads. Also, when this happens both decos are still green and the deco app says my internet connection is good. If I turn off WiFi and turn it back on it reconnects for a while and then starts doing it again. Some days it's really bad and some days there is no issue. I haven't noticed any issues on my nest thermostat or ring doorbell and it has only happened maybe once on my TCL smart tv. I contacted online support regarding this issue and all they were able to say is to turn my phone off and on, not incredibly helpful. For a $200 system I would expect it to work better! Anyone have the same thing happen and have any solutions?

edit: the above issue is currently happening, iPhone has no WiFi service, MacBook Pro says it's connected but no internet either. HP work computer is connected and working. Is this an apple compatibility issue?

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Iphone connection issues-Solution
2020-09-02 03:22:49 - last edited 2020-09-02 03:22:54

@dreese19 

Hi,

For the disconnect issues, we suggest you update the firmware of your Deco M9 system first:
1. We released a new firmware for the Deco M9 Plus V2 months ago, and below is the download link, which is marked Deco M9 Plus(EU)_V2_200324, or Deco M9 Plus(US) _V2_200324 on the local official website:
https://www.tp-link.com/support/download/deco-m9-plus/#Firmware

2. This new firmware can ONLY be updated via the Upgrade Tool, you cannot update it via web nor on the Deco app. Upgrade Tool can be downloaded from the below link:
https://www.tp-link.com/support/download/deco-m9-plus/#Utility

3. If you cannot log into the Upgrade Tool with your TP-Link ID and password, please try to forget your password on your Deco app and login again to confirm it is correct, do remember that both the ID and password are case-sensitive:
What if I forget the password of my TP-Link ID?
Note: If you still fail to update or login, it is suggested to try different computers.

Thanks a lot.

Recommended Solution
Options
5 Reply
Re:Iphone connection issues-Solution
2020-09-02 03:22:49 - last edited 2020-09-02 03:22:54

@dreese19 

Hi,

For the disconnect issues, we suggest you update the firmware of your Deco M9 system first:
1. We released a new firmware for the Deco M9 Plus V2 months ago, and below is the download link, which is marked Deco M9 Plus(EU)_V2_200324, or Deco M9 Plus(US) _V2_200324 on the local official website:
https://www.tp-link.com/support/download/deco-m9-plus/#Firmware

2. This new firmware can ONLY be updated via the Upgrade Tool, you cannot update it via web nor on the Deco app. Upgrade Tool can be downloaded from the below link:
https://www.tp-link.com/support/download/deco-m9-plus/#Utility

3. If you cannot log into the Upgrade Tool with your TP-Link ID and password, please try to forget your password on your Deco app and login again to confirm it is correct, do remember that both the ID and password are case-sensitive:
What if I forget the password of my TP-Link ID?
Note: If you still fail to update or login, it is suggested to try different computers.

Thanks a lot.

Recommended Solution
Options
Re:Iphone connection issues
2020-09-28 06:02:58

@dreese19 Having the same issues as you. Really annoying and about to give up on my Deco M9 and trying another mesh system from another company. 

Options
2020-10-23 12:31:28 - last edited 2020-10-23 12:32:06

@4rheel 

Hello, you are suggested to upgrade the Deco system to the latest firmware and monitor its performance, thanks.

If the latest firmware still doesn't help with the disconnect issue, we hope you could help confirm the details as we asked dreese19, then we can help you out.

Options
2020-10-23 13:50:29

@TP-Link_Deco 

The app said that my system was up to date. But obviously it wasn't, and when I went to the website to update the firmware it was a huge pain to update. I ended up switching to another unit. Can't check for updates and download newest firmware through the app? Come on, I'm not trying to fight with my wifi for an update and a reliable connection. 

Options
2020-10-27 02:11:37

Hi @dreese19, sorry to hear that you were not able to update the Deco M9 firmware successfully.

We would like to follow it up via email, please check your email box and respond, thanks.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1543

Replies: 5

Related Articles