M9 WiFi connection dropping at least once a day

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-09-02 10:29:43 - last edited 2020-09-04 05:41:55
Model: Deco M9 Plus  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 1.4.2 Build 20200725 Rel. 65637

I, like a lot of others it seems, am suffering from regular WiFi drop outs with my M9s.  Based on previous threads I've tried turning off the 5GHz network and running only on 2.4 but it has not helped the problem.

I'm on the latest firmware - with the units plugged into a Draytek Vigor 130.  I'm in dire need of some help here as my wife is starting to lose her **** with the irregular connection and so I'm on the verge of packing it all up and sending it back to Amazon.

I've never had connection issues with my old BT router, the problems only started when I installed the new kit. Furthermore when I get these outages I can see that the modem itself still has a DSL connection but the light on the Deco itself goes red.

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:M9 WiFi connection dropping at least once a day-Solution
2020-09-04 05:35:55 - last edited 2020-09-04 05:41:55

@MNC 

Hello, sorry to hear that, but we can do some troubleshooting first to locate the issue so that we can try to fix it later. Please help confirm the below details:

1. What is the current network diagram? How are the Deco M9 nodes connected to each other?

2. Are all the LEDs on the Deco M9 nodes flashing red when you lost connection? How do you make it back to work after that?

3. At that time, with a computer connected to the main Deco directly, can you access the internet? Try to simplify the network diagram, in other words, connect the main Deco to the modem only and then connect your computer to the main Deco to verify whether it works well.

4. If still the same, please connect the computer to the modem, bypass the main Deco to test whether the network works. 

Below are some suggestions you can give it a go.

1. Relocate the Deco nodes.

2. Swap the locations of the Deco, setup one satellite Deco to the main Deco.

May it help and have a nice day. 

Recommended Solution
Options
3 Reply
Re:M9 WiFi connection dropping at least once a day-Solution
2020-09-04 05:35:55 - last edited 2020-09-04 05:41:55

@MNC 

Hello, sorry to hear that, but we can do some troubleshooting first to locate the issue so that we can try to fix it later. Please help confirm the below details:

1. What is the current network diagram? How are the Deco M9 nodes connected to each other?

2. Are all the LEDs on the Deco M9 nodes flashing red when you lost connection? How do you make it back to work after that?

3. At that time, with a computer connected to the main Deco directly, can you access the internet? Try to simplify the network diagram, in other words, connect the main Deco to the modem only and then connect your computer to the main Deco to verify whether it works well.

4. If still the same, please connect the computer to the modem, bypass the main Deco to test whether the network works. 

Below are some suggestions you can give it a go.

1. Relocate the Deco nodes.

2. Swap the locations of the Deco, setup one satellite Deco to the main Deco.

May it help and have a nice day. 

Recommended Solution
Options
Re:M9 WiFi connection dropping at least once a day
2020-09-04 07:57:28

@TP-Link_Deco 

The master M9 is connected to the ADSL modem via Ethernet. There is one other M9 node upstairs that is connected wirelessly.

The master node LED was a solid red the last time it happened.  After a minute or so the connection comes back. Please note that when this happens the modem lights indicate it still has an ADSL connection.

I will try this.

I will try this.

Options
Re:M9 WiFi connection dropping at least once a day
2020-09-07 09:17:15

So this has just happened again (it always seems to be roughly the same time of day).  The problem is the connection seems to come back within a minute or so, which isn't enough time to do any diagnostics.  I've got things plugged in and ready to test but it's difficult when it's so intermittent.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 747

Replies: 3