Deco M4 Frequently Rebooting

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-09-02 17:03:46 - last edited 2020-09-04 05:41:33
Model: Deco M4  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version: 1.4.2 Build 20200727 Rel 37987

When I connect my Samsung Tab S6E to mesh WIFI (Deco M4) it is frequently rebooting.  All devices connect to M4 looses connection.  After 1 min once the M4 restarts all devices work properly.  Then suddenly in next 10-15 mins it again reboots.  

When I restart the device it goes good for 45 mins to 1 hr.  After that again it keeps on reeboting

One pattern that I see is, when the TAB is near the router it all goes well.  It I take my tab to a nearby room and close the door of the room, this frequent rebooting happens. Not able to make out why it is happening. Can you please provide a solution to this?

Thanks.

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Deco M4 Frequently Rebooting-Solution
2020-09-04 05:41:27 - last edited 2020-09-04 05:41:33

@VSSRamesh 

Hello,

Please help confirm the below details:

1. What is the current network diagram? How are the Deco M4 nodes connected to each other?

2. What do you mean by the Deco M4 will reboot, what are all the LEDs on the Deco M4 nodes when they reboot? Will the connection recover automatically once the Deco M4 is back to normal?

3. What if you never connect this Samsung Tab S6E to the network? Will the Deco mesh system be stable? Is it connected to the Deco 2.4GHz or 5GHz network?

4. Try to enable the 2.4GHz guest network and connect this Samsung Tab S6E to the guest network to give it a shot.

Below are some suggestions you can give it a go.

1. Relocate the Deco nodes.

2. Swap the locations of the Deco, setup one satellite Deco to the main Deco.

May it help and have a nice day. 

Recommended Solution
Options
3 Reply
Re:Deco M4 Frequently Rebooting-Solution
2020-09-04 05:41:27 - last edited 2020-09-04 05:41:33

@VSSRamesh 

Hello,

1. What is the current network diagram? How are the Deco M4 nodes connected to each other?

2. What do you mean by the Deco M4 will reboot, what are all the LEDs on the Deco M4 nodes when they reboot? Will the connection recover automatically once the Deco M4 is back to normal?

3. What if you never connect this Samsung Tab S6E to the network? Will the Deco mesh system be stable? Is it connected to the Deco 2.4GHz or 5GHz network?

4. Try to enable the 2.4GHz guest network and connect this Samsung Tab S6E to the guest network to give it a shot.

Recommended Solution
Options
Re:Deco M4 Frequently Rebooting
2020-09-09 11:58:15

@TP-Link_Deco 

Hello,

All devices connected to the internet looses the internet connectivity.  LED goes of and reboots and comes back.

It is very much stable.  don't face any drop in the connection

It is enabled but I am not able to choose which connection it has to connect to... it generally connects to 5 GHZ.

Let me try both.

Options
Re:Deco M4 Frequently Rebooting
2020-09-10 06:33:04

@VSSRamesh 

Hi, as for the guest network, you may only enable the 2.4GHz guest network and see if your Samsung Tab S6E can detect and connect to it.

Try my other suggestions and let me know if there is any updates, thanks a lot.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 932

Replies: 3

Related Articles