Deco x60 Showing Disconnected but with Solid Green Light

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-09-02 20:14:09 - last edited 2020-09-04 03:54:47
Model: Deco X60  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: v1.2.5 b20200709 r46606

This is becoming very frustrating...
I have four (4) Deco x60 setup; two (2) are upstairs and two (2) are on the lower level of our home.

The network functions seem to be running quite nicely but the app (iPhone) is constantly showing one or more of the x60 units as being offline, but in all cases, the lights on the x60 units are solid green.
I’m running what appears to be the latest firmware for my Deco x60 hardware.
-    Version 1.2.5 Build 20200709 Release 46606

If I disconnect power the “apparently” disconnected x60s and then reconnect power (after waiting for about 10 seconds), then things appear “good and online”.

I’m suspecting that there are issues with the mobile app and the firmware not correctly updating or reporting status properly.

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Deco x60 Showing Disconnected but with Solid Green Light-Solution
2020-09-04 03:53:54 - last edited 2020-09-04 03:54:47

@WN143 

Hello, thanks for reporting this issue to the community.

Please help verify the below details and we will try to figure it out ASAP:
1. What are the devices/phone behaviors, are they still showing connected but no internet or they just quit/fail to connect if they connect to the offline X60?
2. How are the 4 X60 units connected in the network, are they connected to each other via Wi-Fi or Ethernet Backhaul? On the Deco app, click on the Internet icon, then click on the satellite Deco, and you will see the satellite Deco’s signal source. If there is a Wi-Fi icon on the signal source, it means the satellite Deco is using the Wi-Fi backhaul. If there is an Ethernet icon, it means the satellite Deco is using Ethernet backhaul.

3. Is this offline issue occurring on the specific unit(s)? Is this unit far away from the others?

4. What is the iOS version of your iPhone? Have you ever tried to confirm this offline issue with an Android phone?

Thanks.

Recommended Solution
Options
15 Reply
Re:Deco x60 Showing Disconnected but with Solid Green Light-Solution
2020-09-04 03:53:54 - last edited 2020-09-04 03:54:47

@WN143 

Hello, thanks for reporting this issue to the community.

Please help verify the below details and we will try to figure it out ASAP:
1. What are the devices/phone behaviors, are they still showing connected but no internet or they just quit/fail to connect if they connect to the offline X60?
2. How are the 4 X60 units connected in the network, are they connected to each other via Wi-Fi or Ethernet Backhaul? On the Deco app, click on the Internet icon, then click on the satellite Deco, and you will see the satellite Deco’s signal source. If there is a Wi-Fi icon on the signal source, it means the satellite Deco is using the Wi-Fi backhaul. If there is an Ethernet icon, it means the satellite Deco is using Ethernet backhaul.

3. Is this offline issue occurring on the specific unit(s)? Is this unit far away from the others?

4. What is the iOS version of your iPhone? Have you ever tried to confirm this offline issue with an Android phone?

Thanks.

Recommended Solution
Options
Re:Deco x60 Showing Disconnected but with Solid Green Light
2020-09-04 12:48:17

@TP-Link_Deco 

What are the devices/phone behaviors, are they still showing connected but no internet or they just quit/fail to connect if they connect to the offline X60?

All four (4) X60 devices are functional and they appear to be providing good Wi-Fi and internet connected performance.  The primary issue is the visualization on the app.  More often than not, the three (3) slave units (all 3 slave units) show up as being disconnected on the iOS app (and on the web browser portal) but they appear to be working property and they have a solid green light.

How are the 4 X60 units connected in the network, are they connected to each other via Wi-Fi or Ethernet Backhaul? On the Deco app, click on the Internet icon, then click on the satellite Deco, and you will see the satellite Deco’s signal source. If there is a Wi-Fi icon on the signal source, it means the satellite Deco is using the Wi-Fi backhaul. If there is an Ethernet icon, it means the satellite Deco is using Ethernet backhaul.

The main X60 unit is hardwired/ethernet connected to my internet service provider’s router unit.

The second X60 unit is connected to the main X60 via a hardwired/ethernet connection.

The third and fourth X60 units are both connected via WiFi.

The approximate distances between X60 devices are as follows.

• 40 feet between main and second units (ethernet cable)
  • 35 feet between third unit and main unit or second unit
  • 45 feet between fourth unit and main unit
  • 35 feet between fourth unit and second unit
  • 25 feet between fourth unit and third unit

Is this offline issue occurring on the specific unit(s)? Is this unit far away from the others?

This issue of seeing them offline (in the app or browser) seems to affect any of the secondary units; second, third and fourth.  What’s most perplexing to me is that even the second unit (which is connected via an ethernet cable) often shows up in the app as being disconnected even though the light is solid green and every6thing appears to be working quite well.  Actually, as I’m writing this, the iOS app (iPhone and iPad) is showing all three of the secondary units as being disconnected, but they all have solid green lights and things seem to be working properly for internet and Wi-Fi.  The same information shows up when I access the main unit’s IP address on my web browser.

What is the iOS version of your iPhone? Have you ever tried to confirm this offline issue with an Android phone?

Both my iPhone and iPad are at the latest available iOS version, v13.6.

I do not have any Android mobile devices and as such have not been able to confirm this offline or disconnected status using that platform.

Options
2020-09-07 02:13:13 - last edited 2020-09-07 02:15:00

@WN143 

Hello,

Thanks very much for all the info. 

Do you mean when one or several satellite Deco units show disconnected on the iOS app, they show disconnected or offline on the web portal as well? Can I have the screenshot of that disconnect status on the web portal?

May I know how many clients are connected to the Deco network most of the time, especially when several Deco units show disconnected?

Do you need to restart those offline Deco units to make them show online again? Or you just refresh on the Deco app and they will appear as online?

Good days.

Options
2020-09-07 11:45:58

@TP-Link_Deco 

Do you mean when one or several satellite Deco units show disconnected on the iOS app, they show disconnected or offline on the web portal as well?

Yes, that is exactly what I see.  Both the iOS app and web portal show the satellite units as being disconnected, even though they all have solid green lights and generally speaking, the Wi-Fi and internet access are functioning quite well.

Can I have the screenshot of that disconnect status on the web portal?

May I know how many clients are connected to the Deco network most of the time, especially when several Deco units show disconnected?

We typically have between 75 to 82 clients connected.  This morning, when I took the screen shot, it was showing 79 clients.

Do you need to restart those offline Deco units to make them show online again? Or you just refresh on the Deco app and they will appear as online?

The last couple of time, I needed to restart the main X60 and all of the satellites in order to have them appear as online.  Just restating one of the satellite units didn’t change their status on the app.  However, the satellite units did have a solid green light.

As noted previously, I have the iOS app running on my iPhone and iPad.  This morning I uninstalled the Deco app on my iPad and then re-installed it in order to see if a fresh (app) install might help.  No such luck.  On the iPad app, all I see is the main page and the status of the main & satellite units.

The actual configuration and advanced settings are not refreshing or showing up on the iPad.  It almost seems like the main unit is not reporting or refreshing the configuration.

It looks like I may need to restart all of the Deco X60’s again to see of things improve.

Options
2020-09-07 12:50:03

@TP-Link_Deco 

I performed a full system reboot (Main Unit and Satellites) a few minutes ago and now they're all shoing connected and online.

Both the iPhone and iPad apps are showing the desired information and configuration details

Options
2020-09-07 14:18:56

@TP-Link_Deco 

Well that didn't last very long.  After about an hour of seeing all of the satellite units connected, now I'm once again seeing them all disconnected.  All of the units, main and satellites, are showing the solid green lights and the Wi-Fi and interent seems to be running well.  However, on the iOS apps and on the browser web poprtal, all 3 satellites are showing as disconnected.

Options
2020-09-08 06:46:30

@WN143 

Thank you very much for all the detailed info you've provided now, your case will be escalated to the engineers who will help investigate further and help resolve it.

Please check your email box and respond if you want to do further troubleshooting, thanks a lot.

Options
2020-09-08 12:25:55

@TP-Link_Deco 

Thanks for that update.

I have received the email from your Tech Support engineer and will provide the needed confirmation to her.

It does appear a bit surprising that you’ve selected Tech Support from Beijing/China;  something that would make the remote connection’s timing quite inconvenient for North American and western hemisphere customers.

Options
Re:Deco X60 Showing Disconnected but with Solid Green Light
2020-09-20 13:19:16

@TP-Link_Deco

I had high hopes that the adjustments and updates that were applied by the TP-Link support representative 10 days ago would have resolved the problems of the apparent disconnections.

Yesterday evening I noticed (on my mobile app) that one or more of the Deco X60 satellite units would show as being offline even though they all had solid green lights on the devices.  Other than what appears to have been minor network traffic issues, the LAN/Wi-Fi network seems to be working well.  However, this morning, I checked (mobile app and web portal) and noticed that all of the satellites were showing as being disconnected.

Trusting you can provide some further suggestions and insight for a solution.

Options
Re:Deco X60 Showing Disconnected but with Solid Green Light
2020-09-21 07:26:39

@WN143 

Hi, thanks very much for your patience and cooperation.

Our engineers will definitely help you resolve it with the highest priority, no worries, please keep in contact with him directly.

Good days.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 3165

Replies: 15

Related Articles