Connecting C5400X directly to internet over Sky fiber

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-09-02 20:38:19 - last edited 2020-09-03 07:45:40
Model: Archer C5400X  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.1.2

Hi there,

I just bought the C5400X and can only connect it to the Sky Hub router and not directly to the Fiber modem as i want to take the Sky router out of my network as it is flaky/drops regularly. I tried different methods of Dynanic IP to Static IP (using the Sky gateway, DNS and IP addresses) but to no avail. There is discussion forums mentioning a specific MER/Option 61 requirement but i would of thought a router of this high specification and price tag would have any of these requirements. Perhaps i am doing something wrong in setup?

Any help would be appreciated

Thx

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Connecting C5400X directly to internet over Sky fiber-Solution
2020-09-03 07:45:22 - last edited 2020-09-03 07:45:40

@CarraigGael 

Hello,

Do you have internet access when you connect the fiber modem directly to your computer? If yes, there should be no issue when connecting the C5400X to it. If you haven't tried this, please confirm this first as we can verify if there is any restriction or limitation on your line. If there is no internet access on the computer when the modem is connected directly, while it works when the Sky Hub router is connected, there might be restrictions on your line and it is suggested to contact your ISP to release any binding.

Please refer to the below troubleshooting guide to confirm some basic settings again on the C5400X if the internet is working fine when the modem is connected to your computer directly:

https://www.tp-link.com/support/faq/1556/

Hope this makes sense, good days.

Recommended Solution
Options
3 Reply
Re:Connecting C5400X directly to internet over Sky fiber-Solution
2020-09-03 07:45:22 - last edited 2020-09-03 07:45:40

@CarraigGael 

Hello,

Do you have internet access when you connect the fiber modem directly to your computer? If yes, there should be no issue when connecting the C5400X to it. If you haven't tried this, please confirm this first as we can verify if there is any restriction or limitation on your line. If there is no internet access on the computer when the modem is connected directly, while it works when the Sky Hub router is connected, there might be restrictions on your line and it is suggested to contact your ISP to release any binding.

Please refer to the below troubleshooting guide to confirm some basic settings again on the C5400X if the internet is working fine when the modem is connected to your computer directly:

https://www.tp-link.com/support/faq/1556/

Hope this makes sense, good days.

Recommended Solution
Options
Re:Connecting C5400X directly to internet over Sky fiber
2020-09-03 19:41:14

@Kevin_Z Thank you for your reponse. Looks like there are restrictions on the line as i did as you suggested and connected directly and no internet.

Sky stock answer is we cannot support these questions about not using their hardware :(

Thx anyway, C5400x is too expensive to be a router extender for a sub-optimal sky router....oh well

Thx though

Options
Re:Connecting C5400X directly to internet over Sky fiber
2020-09-04 06:20:46

@CarraigGael 

Sorry to hear that. While we do receive some similar feedback that some providers may forbid their users to use devices from any third-parties, so they have restrictions on their line to achieve this.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 745

Replies: 3

Related Articles