SkyQ and Deco M4 Mesh Network

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-09-03 21:01:42
Model: Deco M4  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

I've had SkyQ now for 2 months and it's worked flawlessly over WiFi for that length of time all until the weekend. 

all of a sudden after a few minutes the system locks up and has to be power cycled, I've narrowed it down to the WiFi connection which is really annoying.

my M4 setup has worked fine for over 6months now and I've been really happy with it until now.

I have both the main SkyQ box and Mini wired to two decos now and everything seems to be fine. But I really want it over WiFi which is why I have it setup like that in the first place.

this is either a sky or a TP-Link issue

Options
3 Reply
Re:SkyQ and Deco M4 Mesh Network
2020-09-04 02:24:00

@Osiris2600 

Hello,

Could you please check some basic info and we will try to figure it out?
1. Ensure the Deco M4 firmware is up-to-date, which should be 1.4.2 Build 20200727. If not, update the firmware first on the Deco app.
2. Ensure the Deco app is the latest as well.
3. Please confirm the current network topology/layout, how many Deco M4 do you have and how are they connected?

4. Are the SkyQ box and Mini supporting both 2.4GHz and 5GHz wireless? If they only support 2.4GHz, you may try to disable 5GHz on the Deco system and confirm again.

5. How about other devices in your network, are they still working fine when connected to the Deco network?

Thanks.

Options
2020-09-04 07:58:15

@TP-Link_Deco 

Hi Thanks for coming back to me so soon, sure here are the details you required

1. Ensure the Deco M4 firmware is up-to-date, which should be 1.4.2 Build 20200727. If not, update the firmware first on the Deco app.

Deco M4 firmware is up-to-date

2. Ensure the Deco app is the latest as well.

iOS app is 2.1.2

3. Please confirm the current network topology/layout, how many Deco M4 do you have and how are they connected?

I have three Deco M4's the main Deco is connected via ethernet in access point mode to a TP-Link Archer router the second and third connect to the main deco via Wi-Fi

4. Are the SkyQ box and Mini supporting both 2.4GHz and 5GHz wireless? If they only support 2.4GHz, you may try to disable 5GHz on the Deco system and confirm again.

Yes both SkyQ main box and mini support both 2.4 and 5ghz

5. How about other devices in your network, are they still working fine when connected to the Deco network?

Before this issue with the Sky boxes the system has worked flawlessly, no issues at all. The only problem I have is with the Sky boxes all other wireless devices are fine.

thanks

J

Options
2020-09-04 11:59:41

@Osiris2600 

Thanks a lot for all the info.

May I have the model number of your Archer router? Try to switch the main Deco to router mode and see how it goes.

When the SkyQ main box and mini connect to the Deco wireless and don't work, can you please confirm if both are connected to the same 2.4GHz or 5GHz? You may try to disable 5GHz first and only leave the 2.4GHz on, then confirm again if the SkyQ system works.

Thanks a lot.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 605

Replies: 3

Related Articles