Newely bought, need help

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Newely bought, need help

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Newely bought, need help
Newely bought, need help
2020-09-03 21:34:58 - last edited 2020-09-14 10:50:36
Model: TL-WA850RE  
Hardware Version: V7
Firmware Version: 1.0.1 Build 200514 Rel.65715n

Hi,

I just purchased this tp link device and have also got the app. I want to use it like this: LAN ethernet plug which is connected to my home network, ethernet cable going from plug to the tp link device, tp link gives WiFi i can connect to and use from my phone. Essentially an ethernet to wireless bridge. If someone could please guide me through the process I would appreciate it. Thank you.

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Newely bought, need help-Solution
2020-09-14 10:50:26 - last edited 2020-09-14 10:50:36

@Snookus 

Good day.

Thank you very much for your time and patience.

Sorry for the delay.

Are you trying to wireless receiving the home Wi-Fi, then transfer the wireless signal to an Ethernet connection only for the wired laptop? Or connected to the home router via Ethernet cable, and broadcast another wireless network?

If it is the first one, I am afraid that you might get the wrong device;

For the second one, you could set it up as an access point mode on the TL-WA850RE;

Actually for the first scenarios, if you do not mind, you could just use the default range extender mode, and it would receive the wireless connection and provide both Ethernet and  one more wireless network;

Thank you!

Recommended Solution
Options
2 Reply
Re:Newely bought, need help-Solution
2020-09-14 10:50:26 - last edited 2020-09-14 10:50:36

@Snookus 

Good day.

Thank you very much for your time and patience.

Sorry for the delay.

Are you trying to wireless receiving the home Wi-Fi, then transfer the wireless signal to an Ethernet connection only for the wired laptop? Or connected to the home router via Ethernet cable, and broadcast another wireless network?

If it is the first one, I am afraid that you might get the wrong device;

For the second one, you could set it up as an access point mode on the TL-WA850RE;

Actually for the first scenarios, if you do not mind, you could just use the default range extender mode, and it would receive the wireless connection and provide both Ethernet and  one more wireless network;

Thank you!

Recommended Solution
Options
Re:Newely bought, need help
2020-09-14 11:26:47

@Solla-topee 

Hi thanks, I got it working, just had to switch to access point mode

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 374

Replies: 2