MAC Address shown in Web Ui is not the same as the one in the box

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-09-04 01:09:13 - last edited 2020-09-14 10:23:22
Model: TL-WA855RE  
Hardware Version: V4
Firmware Version: 20200403

Today, afet more than a year, I got no internet access in my laptop.

Actions taken:

• Unpluged the Range extender wait a minute an plug it in again. It did not work.
  • Checked the router and no sign of the range extender.
  • Connected to the range extender thru web UI, and I noticed that the MAC address changed the last 2 characters from B0 shown in the box and use in mac filtering in the router, to B1.
  • Registered the change in the mac filtering but still no connection between range extender and router.
  • Then I decided to upgrade the firmware to the latest version available, but no cigar still show no signal from router.
  • Enclosed you will find a screen shot with the range extender data.
  • I will try turning off mac filtering in the router to see if the range extender can be connected. 

Regards

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:MAC Address shown in Web Ui is not the same as the one in the box-Solution
2020-09-14 10:22:45 - last edited 2020-09-14 10:23:22

@jrsys78 

Good day.

Thank you very much for your time and patience.

Sorry for the delay.

After turning off the mac filtering, are you able to configure the 855RE successfully?

As for the different MAC address, please refer to this link to get more details:

In Proxy Mode, Range Extender will replace each of its clients’ MAC address with a virtual MAC address generated automatically by Range Extender. Thus the router will take the virtual MAC address of the clients as their real MAC address, https://www.tp-link.com/support/faq/2019/

Thank you very much.

Recommended Solution
Options
1 Reply
Re:MAC Address shown in Web Ui is not the same as the one in the box-Solution
2020-09-14 10:22:45 - last edited 2020-09-14 10:23:22

@jrsys78 

Good day.

Thank you very much for your time and patience.

Sorry for the delay.

After turning off the mac filtering, are you able to configure the 855RE successfully?

As for the different MAC address, please refer to this link to get more details:

In Proxy Mode, Range Extender will replace each of its clients’ MAC address with a virtual MAC address generated automatically by Range Extender. Thus the router will take the virtual MAC address of the clients as their real MAC address, https://www.tp-link.com/support/faq/2019/

Thank you very much.

Recommended Solution
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 591

Replies: 1