Apple TV - Netflix, Disney+, Siri, Apple Music Break After 10 mins. Youtube, Plex, Remain Functional

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Apple TV - Netflix, Disney+, Siri, Apple Music Break After 10 mins. Youtube, Plex, Remain Functional

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-09-04 02:35:27
Model: Deco X60  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.2.5

Recently installed 3 Deco X60s. Presently in router mode. 

Since day 1 of the Decos, on my Apple TVs, Disney+, Netflix, Apple Music, and Siri, stop functioning after around 10 minutes of streaming. A reboot of the Apple TV or the access point resolves the issue for another 10 minutes of viewing time. Meanwhile, even after those applications become non-functional, I can still stream youtube, youtube TV, and plex content in UHD without any issue.

I have replaced the Decos with my old access points and router and the problem is immediately resolved.

Have disabled all A/V (homecare), fast roaming, and not have any parental features configured.

Anybody else seeing issues with this?

Options
12 Reply
Re:Apple TV - Netflix, Disney+, Siri, Apple Music Break After 10 mins. Youtube, Plex, Remain Functional
2020-09-04 03:12:22

@WantFastWifi 

Hello, could you please check some basic info and we will try to figure it out? 
1. Please confirm the current network topology/layout, how are the 3 X60s connected? As you mentioned already, the main X60 works as a router, how about the modem, is it in bridge mode? Who is your ISP?
2. Are the Apple TVs connected to the X60 with Ethernet cables or via Wi-Fi? If they are connected to Wi-Fi, 2.4GHz, or 5GHz? What if you connect one to the main X60 directly and confirm again if there is still an issue?
3. What is the model number of your old access point? What if you change the X60 to AP mode?

Thanks.

Options
Re:Apple TV - Netflix, Disney+, Siri, Apple Music Break After 10 mins. Youtube, Plex, Remain Functional
2020-09-04 05:11:10 - last edited 2020-09-04 05:29:40

Hello.

1-The X60 receives a publicly routable ip address from my ISP via a fiber gateway. There is no modem, NAT, or Firewall device between the X60 and the public internet.

2-I have checked both 2.4GHz and 5GHz and problems persist. I have attempted in both AP mode (with another router) as well as router mode and the problem persists. I have tried various iterations of disabling fast roaming as well. The problem does not appear to persist if I connect the apple TV to one of the x60 devices with an ethernet cord.

3-As I mentioned, I have access to a variety of access points including models from ubiquiti, aruba, asus, and netgear, and when those APs are in place on my network, the Apple TVs do not have any issues with streaming. (I should stress, in my current environment, none of that hardware is in use, but i have rotated them in and out for testing purposes.) The X60s are the variable that, when used, cause issues. The network topology is as follows: Fiber gateway>>X60 (Router)>> Apple TV. There is no other equipment on the network to interfere.

Options
2020-09-04 21:33:22

@TP-Link_Deco 

Not sure if i need to @ you to get a reply :)

Options
2020-09-07 01:57:19

@WantFastWifi 

Hi, thanks a lot. Yes, please ensure you are tagging my ID if you want a timely response. Unless we are tagged we do not see that new responses have been added. We do not subscribe to every thread so rely on Tagging to ensure responses.

Can you please confirm again if your Apply TV is mostly connected to 5GHz or 2.4GHz network? 

Is it possible to recall what is the WAN IP address you got when you connect your old router to the fiber connection? Is it the same the that of the Deco WAN IP address?

We may escalate this case to the engineers and they will contact you via email after we have all the details.

Good days.

Options
2020-09-08 04:05:06

@WantFastWifi , @TP-Link_Deco   I am having the exact same issue with my set of three Deco X60 units for about 2 months.  I had the M9 Plus before this and was working well. I wanted to support faster speeds with the fiber optic internet I have.  I replaced them with the X60 and it started happening. It seemed like it would always happen when I was close to one specific X60 unit. 

I could be watching Netflix or Hulu or Disney+ and then suddenly it would stop, and just give a spinning circle of death and would not play anymore.  I could turn off the WiFi on the iPad, then turn it back on to temporarily fix this but it would happen again.  It would happen with multiple different devices.  My daughter complained about the problem also as soon as I switched.

As a test, I added one of the old M9 units to the system, made sure I was close to this unit, and start a video.  It would play fine for a long time.

All my units are connected via ethernet cable.  I have also tried disabling various options (fast roaming, beamforming) all still have the same issue.

Well, I have had enough of this and today I took out all the X60 units and put back the M9.  I just could not stand for this anymore.  I should hope TP-Link can have better quality than this in the future.

Options
2020-09-08 06:28:46

@Eric0054 

Hello,

Can you recall what is the WAN IP address on the X60 when it was working? Is it the same as that of M9 now?

When switched to M9, all is good now when watching Netflix or Hulu or Disney+? Is the Apple TV connected to the 2.4GHz or 5GHz network?

How about you connect the Apple TV to the X60 with an Ethernet cable? As WantFastWifi confirmed that it is fine when plug the Apple TV to the X60 with an Ethernet cable.

Thanks very much.

Options
2020-09-08 13:43:37

@TP-Link_Deco Sorry I do not remember what the WAN IP address was with the X60.  Also, I do not have an Apple TV device.  It only was happening with wireless devices like an iPad and phones.  They were connected to the 5GHz network and were less than 10 feet away from the X60.

Watching videos from a computer connected to ethernet worked just fine.  You had said earlier that an engineer would contact me about the problems, but no one ever did.  I checked the spam folders also...

Options
2020-09-09 23:14:22

@TP-Link_Deco 

"Can you please confirm again if your Apply TV is mostly connected to 5GHz or 2.4GHz network?"

--I have tried both 2.4 and 5 GHz. The streaming problems persist in both configurations

"Is it possible to recall what is the WAN IP address you got when you connect your old router to the fiber connection? Is it the same the that of the Deco WAN IP address."

--The WAN IP address does not change. I always receive the same public IP address from my ISP.

Options
2020-09-10 06:44:53

@WantFastWifi 

Hello,

Our engineer has emailed you, if you are willing to do further analysis, please check your inbox and respond.                      

Thanks for your cooperation and support. Good day.

Options
2020-09-10 07:08:46

@Eric0054 

Hi, sorry that I didn't mention our engineer will contact you previously, maybe I replied to WantFastWifi? While we will do if we can address the issue first.

As for your issue, it seems it is not exactly the same as WantFastWifi's, please confirm again:

1. Try to disable the 5GHz wireless network on the Deco app, connect the iPhones and iPads to the Deco 2.4GHz network, then confirm if it persists.

2. When Netflix or Hulu or Disney+ on the iPhone/iPad stops, are you moving around and switching to different Deco nodes? How about other applications or streaming the iPhone, are they still working fine?

3. Who is your ISP and is the Deco working as a router or AP?

Thanks a lot.

Options

Information

Helpful: 1

Views: 1804

Replies: 12