Archer AX50 internet connectivity dropping

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-09-04 03:33:59
Model: Archer AX50  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.0.9 Build 20200708 rel.55037(4555)

I've just bought and installed a new AX50 (v1 with firmware updated to 1.0.9) and am finding that devices are simultaneously losing internet connectivity two or three times per day.  I'm on 1Gbps max fibre connection with Devoli in New Zealand.

All router LED lights remain green

Modem connection remains up

All devices maintain connectivity with the router whether 2.4G, 5G or wired, but none of them can get internet connectivity

The router web interface shows that the internet connection between the router and ISP is up and functioning properly, and shows devices connected with valid IP addresses

Rebooting the router allows all devices to regain internet connectivity

Any suggestions on a fix for this, please?

Options
16 Reply
Re:Archer AX50 internet connectivity dropping
2020-09-04 05:06:55

@UncleTomCobbly 

This looks like a ISP DNS problem, try assigning googles DNS on your router settings then reboot.

DNS1 : 8.8.4.4

DNS2 : 1.0.0.1

access your router setup page go to > Advanced > Network > Internet > advanced > select "Use the Following DNS Adresses" and input the DNS value there.

i hope this helps.

Options
2020-09-06 21:28:22

@CHIBOMAN 

Thanks for the suggestion.  I did this, but it doesn't seem to have solved the problem - it dropped again yesterday morning.

Logging into the router and doing a ping test worked OK.  No events listed in the system log for that period.  Just no attached devices could access the internet.

I had previously disabled all QoS settings, and have the router positioned on it's side, in case it's an overheating issue (as per some of the previous threads for this router).  I have a vague suspicion that it might happen when a particular device joins the network, but I haven't been able to verify that.

Any other suggestions of things I could try, or is it just a duff router that needs returning?

Options
2020-09-07 07:32:40

@UncleTomCobbly 

I wonder is this an ingerent problem of TP-Link router.

I am using a Archer C9 HW version 4 and my devices sometimes just drop connections.

Options
2020-09-07 22:12:07

@mousehunt 

Interesting - does it affect all devices connected at the time?  Do they lose wifi connection with the router, or just internet connectivity?  Do you have to reboot the router to restore connections?

Options
2020-09-09 07:26:45

@UncleTomCobbly 

Hello, sorry to respond late.

Just to confirm, do you mean you can still ping google.com on the router's web interface when all clients lose the internet? How about trying to ping google.net on your computer or phone at that time, is it accessible?

Try to change the DNS server on the Advanced-Network-DHCP Server page to google's 8.8.8.8, then reboot the router and confirm again.

May it help~

Options
2020-09-09 07:58:46

Hi @Kevin_Z 

Yes, I can still ping google.com on the router's web interface when all clients lose the internet, but if I try to ping google.com on my computer it is not accessible.

I had already changed the DNS server to Google's 8.8.8.8 and rebooted the router, as per @CHIBOMAN's suggestion above, but the issue has happened at least twice again since then.

Options
2020-09-09 08:39:25

@UncleTomCobbly 

Hi, what CHIBOMAN suggested was changing the WAN DSN server, and I just want to confirm if you could change the LAN DNS server on the router as well, can you please confirm this again?

Thanks.

Options
2020-09-09 09:07:32
I have the same problem, a router I bought two weeks ago in Poland. LAN works fine. WAN is damaged.
Options
2020-09-09 09:48:08

Ah, understood @Kevin_Z, thanks.

I've now updated the LAN DNS servers and rebooted.  I'll see if that improves things over the next couple of days.

Options
2020-09-10 07:38:07

Hi @Kevin_Z 

Unfortunately that hasn't solved the problem - the internet connectivity issue occurred again this evening.  Any other ideas, or do I need to return the router?

Options

Information

Helpful: 1

Views: 4213

Replies: 16

Related Articles