Archer AX6000 Randomly Loses Internet Connection

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-09-04 15:41:52 - last edited 2020-09-18 15:24:09
Model: Archer AX6000  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.1.1 Build 20200714 rel.18254(5553)

I recently installed the Archer AX6000 on July 14. Since that time I've seen a number of times where the router will drop the internet connection, both wired and wireless, and re-connect minutes later. However, during this time period, everything seems fine on the modem, i.e. internet connection. Even my previous router, Netgear Nighthawk AC2300, really wasn't running into this issue, although it did happen on a few rare occassions. My modem is a Motorola MB8600.

Options
5 Reply
Re:Archer AX6000 Randomly Loses Internet Connection
2020-09-07 09:32:33 - last edited 2020-09-18 15:24:09

@One_Eye 

Hello,

May I know who is your ISP? Have you checked if the internet connection is stable when you plug your computer directly to the modem?

How about the internet LED on the AX6000 when the internet drops, is it orange or green? Can you access its web interface at that time? If yes, what are the WAN IP address and default gateway?

Besides, please follow the instruction below to do some tests and tell me which case you belong to:

https://www.tp-link.com/support/faq/2237/

Good day.

Options
2020-09-07 22:18:45 - last edited 2020-09-08 01:14:12

@One_Eye 

I'm experiencing a very similar issue with an AX50 - does this accurately describe your issue too?

https://community.tp-link.com/en/home/forum/topic/225590

Options
2020-09-08 13:15:53

@Kevin_Z I have Comcast as my ISP. I need to plug directly into the modem the next time this happens to test that out; however, the LEDs on the modem indicate that everything is fine on that end when this happens.

The square LED on top of the router goes red when the internet connection drops. I don't believe I can connect to the web interface when this happens but I need to verify that.

Both wireless and wired connections drop internet connection when this occurs.

Hey @UncleTomCobbly, I looked at your post and it doesn't seem like we have the same issue. My router's LED light goes red, which indicates it knows something is amiss.

Options
2020-09-09 07:10:37

@One_Eye 

Hi, thanks for the update.

Please help verify if the modem internet is stable by connecting the computer directly to the modem with the same Ethernet cable that goes into the AX6000.

Please also confirm that if you can access its web interface by connecting to its wireless or with a LAN cable, if yes, then confirm what is the WAN IP address when the internet drops on it.

Good day.

Options
2020-09-18 15:01:31

So my connection just dropped again, so I checked the modem connection and there didn't appear to be any, despite the LED saying there was but my setup isn't a normal one. My laptop doesn't have an Ethernet port, so I have a Ethernet to USB-C adapter. I've had numerous issues with this in the past, so I don't take this evidence as gospel.

I also tried to connect to the router when this happened, via wired and wireless, and I couldn't connect.

I had no where near these many issues with my last router, not even close. And one further piece of evidence that I have that it is the router is I switched over to 2.4Ghz wireless from 5Ghz and it worked. Meanwhile, I sit a few feet away from the router.

I'm really getting tired of spending good money on a router to simply get burned by it. If nothing gets resolved soon, I'll be returning this piece of hardware.

Options