Beta Firmware?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Beta Firmware?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Beta Firmware?
Beta Firmware?
2020-09-05 06:25:01
Model: Archer VR2800  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 0.5.0 0.9.1 v006c.0 Build 200710 Beta.50656n

Hello

I've bought Archer VR2800 a week back & having mixed results with the device. One of the interesting factors I have noticed with firmware details is the "Beta" string & this is the latest firmware available for Middle East (AE) market. Why does the only available firmware has "Beta" information?

My connection gets dropped & wi-fi slutters once in 5-6 hours time, forcing me to reboot the device.

Please help.

Options
2 Reply
Re:Beta Firmware?
2020-09-10 01:38:07

@rajthampi 

Good day.

Thank you for your time and patience.

As for the reason why the beta firmware was released as the official firmware, I am not quite sure the reason and let me have a check and get back to you;

For the unstable connection issue, could you please help me check the following information:

1. How long have you have the router and when did the issue start?
  2. Did both Ethernet connection and wireless connection have the same issue?
  3. At the back of the VR2800, which port is connected to the ISP, the DSL port or LAN/WAN port?
  4. Who is your internet service provider and is there any connection problem from their side?

Thank you very much!

Options
Re:Beta Firmware?
2020-09-10 15:35:47

@Sunshine 

1. How long have you have the router and when did the issue start?
    1. I have bought this new router 2 weeks back, and from the first day I have issues with it. One of the main issues was forced to reboot the router from the first day itself.
  2. Did both Ethernet connection and wireless connection have the same issue?
    1. The issues are with router dropping the link between ISP and itself. Didn't see any issues with wired/wifi connections
  3. At the back of the VR2800, which port is connected to the ISP, the DSL port or LAN/WAN port?
    1. DSL
  4. Who is your internet service provider and is there any connection problem from their side?
    1. I don't have any issues with my Linksys X1000, which WAS supposed to be replaced with Archer VR28000!

Please note, I confirmed with my colleague who has the same router and I was told once after updating the firmware that was downloaded from the Middle East site, shows "Beta" information!

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1059

Replies: 2

Related Articles