Archer VR2100 - Randomly reboots several times a day.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Archer VR2100 - Randomly reboots several times a day.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
311 Reply
Re:Archer VR2100 - Randomly reboots several times a day.
2021-03-17 18:13:16

I did rollback to 1.4.0 0.9.1 v009e.0 Build 201122 Rel.72659n too. I kicked out all beta firmware. Now speed have very low abnormality. Quite stable.

But we are knowing crash will come.

For me now: 1 days 0 hours 57 minutes. We will see when it come (too random, i didn't see any mechanism why).

But it seems this is the stablest firmware for now.

Options
2021-03-17 21:01:23

Further to my last update, I have, tonight converted the VR2100 to a Wireless Router as we just cannot tolerate the number of interruptions we are getting from the router randomly rebooting. TP-Link seem to have lost any interest in updating us, either via this forum, or by email with progress. As others seem to find the router more stable in this configuration, I've set up the old BT Openreach DSL modem for fibre and will see how the VR2100 plays out without relying on its own DSL connection. Its really disappointing we can't use it as we intended. 

Options
2021-03-18 11:28:25

Below  is todays latest offering from Technical Support. They are certain I have a faulty router. laugh

Dear xxx,

Would you mind to give it an RMA with us first, so that we can collect the device back to check if it's hardware related issue?

Thank you so much for troubleshooting with us. We’d love to start the RMA process for you since the product is confirmed to be faulty.

To start RMA, it's important for us to complete a few steps below: Customer register the product online and notify Technical Support-> Technical Support escalate the case to UK RMA office-> RMA Office verify the proof of purchase-> Customer raise a return request and select shipping method.

So firstly please kindly refer to the FAQs below to create an account and register your TP-Link product on our Product Registration System.

How to Create an Account: https://www.tp-link.com/uk/support/faq/2601/

How to Register a Product: https://www.tp-link.com/uk/support/faq/2602/

Notice:

1) To start RMA process smoothly, please upload the valid proof of purchase with model, purchase date and purchase place on it.

2) If the faulty unit is part of a KIT/Pack, please register using the serial number that is on the single faulty unit. If the whole KIT/Pack should be replaced, then please register using the KIT's SN which is on the box.  

3) Once the product is registered, please reply to this email so we can escalate your case to the UK RMA office in time.

Any problems you may have with the product registration, please don’t hesitate to let us know.

Best Regards

Options
2021-03-18 21:29:01

@Spike1 Well, compared to the experience of others, using it as a WiFi router instead of a DSL based one has made no difference. If anything, it is worse. It's really disappointing. TP-Link has made a pup here. :(

Options
2021-03-18 22:13:43

I was asked to try disabling the 5G WiFi as a debug step - has anyone already tried this?

Options
2021-03-19 10:09:20

@david-m the whole point of buying this router was to have a robust 2G/5G router with Mesh. Whats the point if we have to turn off the 5G?

Options
2021-03-19 10:30:02

Mine rebooted again last night

@Kevin_Z  Surly this is now seen as  known issue and TP-link should replace all affected routers?

I only bought this one as it was supposed to be robust and worked with the onemesh!!

Options
2021-03-19 10:36:43

@david-m 

They sent me a support email asking me to do the same.

Options
2021-03-19 11:06:59

@YNWA 

I have also been asked to RMA the unit so they can investigate, Not ideal, but I will update you on how the replacement fairs when it arrives..

Options
2021-03-19 23:56:08

@Spike1 Exactly - I changed my router from a VR600v2 to get OneMesh smart wifi. I have 2 OneMesh extenders in the network and about 40 devices, roughly half wired and half wifi.

It is frustrating - the VR2100 was stable for over 4 days (after previouly rebooting 1-2 times per day for more than a week) but unfortunately I had to power it down for a separate reason. When I powered it back up it lasted less than an hour before it rebooted. Let's see how long it lasts this time.

Options
Related Articles