Connecting to Public Wifi that has email confirmation required after password

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-09-05 12:56:25 - last edited 2020-09-07 11:31:59
Model: TL-WR841N  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Hi All

We are on a sailing yacht and use our TP Link Router to extend the Marina WiFi range to inside our boat and to be able to connect multiple devices (iPad, phones etc).  

This has always worked well and easily following the set up instructions Quick Set Up WISP selecting the marina wifi and entering the password.

However some marinas now have an additional step in regards to password.

Now when connecting your device such as Ipad, you enter password then a login page opens in the browser page and you need to enter email address and a confirmation email is sent to click on to activate.

Since this has been introduced I can't get the TP Link Wifi Extender Router to work - I am assuming it is due to the extra password authoristion step.

I can set up our link but I don't get access to the internet.

Is there any solution to this???

Thank you in advance for your help.

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Connecting to Public Wifi that has email confirmation required after password-Solution
2020-09-07 11:31:46 - last edited 2020-09-07 11:31:59

@RedRoo 

Hello,

Just to verify, it seems more like a portal Wi-Fi now and you need to redirect to an authentication portal and activate it with an email account. While when connecting to the extended Wi-Fi created by the WR841N, you cannot see that portal page, am I right?

If this is the case, I'm afraid we have no solution for it as this is limited by the Marina WiFi and it may want to avoid the connections.

Sorry about that.

Recommended Solution
Options
1 Reply
Re:Connecting to Public Wifi that has email confirmation required after password-Solution
2020-09-07 11:31:46 - last edited 2020-09-07 11:31:59

@RedRoo 

Hello,

Just to verify, it seems more like a portal Wi-Fi now and you need to redirect to an authentication portal and activate it with an email account. While when connecting to the extended Wi-Fi created by the WR841N, you cannot see that portal page, am I right?

If this is the case, I'm afraid we have no solution for it as this is limited by the Marina WiFi and it may want to avoid the connections.

Sorry about that.

Recommended Solution
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 606

Replies: 1

Related Articles