DHCP(ROUTER OR AP MODE)

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

DHCP(ROUTER OR AP MODE)

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
DHCP(ROUTER OR AP MODE)
DHCP(ROUTER OR AP MODE)
2020-09-05 17:48:49 - last edited 2020-09-07 05:53:59

Hi want to ask some question.FromModem to router to main deco.Setup wizard is dhcp connection.Does thr main deco consider router mode or ap mode.Have call technical supoort but they told ap mode but i dont think so because if ap mode would all the feature cant be used.Scared of double nat issue. Can someone tell that disadvantage of double nat.

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:DHCP(ROUTER OR AP MODE)-Solution
2020-09-07 05:53:21 - last edited 2020-09-07 05:53:59

@kaijin 

Hello, thanks for asking.

If there are already a modem and a router in your network, and you want to add the Deco mesh network to the existing modem and router, it is suggested to configure the Deco as an Access Point to avoid double NAT issues. What is the impact of double NAT, I think the below link may help answer it:

https://kb.netgear.com/30186/What-is-Double-NAT

If you want to configure the Deco as a router, it is suggested to remove the existing router from the network. If you just want to use it, it is suggested to connect it to the main or satellite Deco with an Ethernet cable to extend the network.

May it helps.

Recommended Solution
Options
2 Reply
Re:DHCP(ROUTER OR AP MODE)-Solution
2020-09-07 05:53:21 - last edited 2020-09-07 05:53:59

@kaijin 

Hello, thanks for asking.

If there are already a modem and a router in your network, and you want to add the Deco mesh network to the existing modem and router, it is suggested to configure the Deco as an Access Point to avoid double NAT issues. What is the impact of double NAT, I think the below link may help answer it:

https://kb.netgear.com/30186/What-is-Double-NAT

If you want to configure the Deco as a router, it is suggested to remove the existing router from the network. If you just want to use it, it is suggested to connect it to the main or satellite Deco with an Ethernet cable to extend the network.

May it helps.

Recommended Solution
Options
Re:DHCP(ROUTER OR AP MODE)
2020-09-07 06:54:13 - last edited 2020-09-16 15:34:14

@TP-Link_Deco 

Lets say i must stick to existing router 

1)modem---existing router---deco(dynamic ip with router mode)any speed drop issue by double nat???

2)modem--existing router--deco(dynamic ip with access point mode)will ap mode performance affected by router.Since internet bypass by existing router(cheap specs and low performance, limited user can connect)

Options