Unable to connect Archer C6 and Archer C7 to create a one mesh network

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-09-07 04:39:45 - last edited 2020-09-22 05:11:56
Model: Archer C7  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version:

Few days back i bought the Tp link Ac1200 archer A6 with mesh technology (v2) and connected it to a fiber connection successfully. 

Few days later, I bought the Tp link Ac1750 archer A7 with the mesh technlogy as well. 

I tried two methods to connect between them to make a one mesh home wifi network. 

Method one was by connecting both of them to the same main fiber modem. Method two was by trying to connect using wifi ( by making one device connected to the main fiber modem through cable and trying to connect the other router wirelessly).

Unfortuanately both ways failed as I couldn't see the other device when tryig to connect between them.

Two days back I read that a mesh network could be established (created) between a router and a wifi extender only and couldn't be established between two routers :(

Can somebody confirm the last sentence please ? 

and if it is true then what is the solution that I can implement to establish a mesh wifi at home using my two routers that I just bought.

Thanks.

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Unable to connect Archer C6 and Archer C7 to create a one mesh network-Solution
2020-09-07 09:24:14 - last edited 2020-09-22 05:11:56

@smartways 

Hello, 

Sorry to say that the information about OneMesh is correct, as the OneMesh router can only be combined with OneMesh RE or OneMesh PLC to build Mesh networks, it cannot build up a mesh network between two routers.

If you just purchase it, you may try to contact your reseller to see if they can help replace the A7 with an Onemesh RE:

https://www.tp-link.com/onemesh/compatibility/

If they cannot help with that, you can only combine them by cable or via wifi without OneMesh, sorry about that.

Recommended Solution
Options
1 Reply
Re:Unable to connect Archer C6 and Archer C7 to create a one mesh network-Solution
2020-09-07 09:24:14 - last edited 2020-09-22 05:11:56

@smartways 

Hello, 

Sorry to say that the information about OneMesh is correct, as the OneMesh router can only be combined with OneMesh RE or OneMesh PLC to build Mesh networks, it cannot build up a mesh network between two routers.

If you just purchase it, you may try to contact your reseller to see if they can help replace the A7 with an Onemesh RE:

https://www.tp-link.com/onemesh/compatibility/

If they cannot help with that, you can only combine them by cable or via wifi without OneMesh, sorry about that.

Recommended Solution
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1939

Replies: 1

Related Articles