My tp-link router archer c6 drops internet connectivity and reboots randomly

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-09-07 12:09:08 - last edited 2020-09-11 04:06:11
Model: Archer C6  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 1.3.5 Build 20200630

I just bought a tp-link archer c6 router.It is just 2 days and my router reboots without any reason and also it looses its internet connectivity.(means turns green led to orange).I always connect to my tab near the router and whenever i move away some distance from router it reboots.(My tab is also new).My tab model is samsung galaxy s6 lite. Also  i have latest firmware  software.firstly i thought it is a hardware problem so i replaced it too. But i am facing same problem in this one too

Please help me.Reboot problem only happens in case of tab But it also random reboots some times

Also it randomly looses internet connectivity without any reasons and sometimes reboot too happens randomly

Options
5 Reply
Re:My tp-link router archer c6 drops internet connectivity and reboots randomly
2020-09-09 09:28:27 - last edited 2020-09-11 04:06:11

@DhanrajKumar 

Hello,

Can you please confirm what if you never connect this Samsung galaxy s6 lite tab to the C6 network? Will the router still reboot?

Is the Samsung galaxy s6 lite tab connecting to the C6 5GHz network? Try to change the 5GHz wireless channel to different ones, such as 36/40/44, and channel width to 40MHz, then monitor again.

Meanwhile, how about the TxBF and MU-MIMO on the Advanced->Wireless settings page, ensure it is disabled.

Good days.

Options
2020-09-09 14:40:49

@Kevin_Z it reboot some times if i did not connect my tab. I can do alternative  about tab ,but it drops its internet connectivity  more often .Even after tab is disconnected and i did settings as u said but no improvements.  Please help

Options
2020-09-10 02:03:21 - last edited 2020-09-10 02:04:01

@DhanrajKumar 

Hello,

Please confirm what do you mean by rebooting, are all the LEDs turn off then on automatically and the internet on it will temporarily down then recover? 

May I have your network layout, how is the C6 connected in your network?

Who is your ISP and what kind of modem are you using? Is it a Dynamic IP setup on the C6 WAN or PPPoE?

How many devices are connected to C6, wired, and wirelessly? 

Is there any other setting or feature in your network that may cause this restart issue, or is there any special operation/activity in your network that causes the C6 to restart? What if you disable the Smart Connect feature on it?

Is it the original power adapter on the C6? Is the power stable in your house? How about other electrical devices in your house, are they stable?

Does this issue happen when you purchased it or happens recently? Is the C6 an EU version or a US version? Please check this on its bottom label, thanks.

Options
2020-09-10 07:45:15

@Kevin_Z 

Yes all led trun off for a second then turn on means it takes just same time as i reboot it or turn on it means approx 3 minutes

I am using  dynamic ip

Approx 5 devices connect wirelessly and one device connects through wire

If i disable smart connect feature its working fine but it drops its internet connectivity  more often 

I am using the orignal adapter which was provided with the router.Yes power is stable in my house 

I purchased it just 2 days ago my last router was working fine with same internet connection

I have eu version

Options
2020-09-10 09:25:44

@DhanrajKumar 

Hi, thanks a lot for all the details you've provided, I have sent you a message personally, please confirm it.

Options