Macbook access using static IP causes loss of connection to all devices after restart

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Macbook access using static IP causes loss of connection to all devices after restart

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-09-08 10:38:24 - last edited 2020-09-11 06:07:31

I am using the RE450. I have followed the instructions in this thread to connect with my Macbook while maintaing access to other devices, PC's included:

https://www.tp-link.com/ae/support/faq/362/

It works initially for all devices, however, the next day the IP address from the Macbook was changed from the previous day's 192.168.0.40 to 192.168.0.100 (the latter being part of the linked instructions) and access to the extended network is lost for all devices. I rebooted the extender and connection was regained for the Macbook with 192.168.0.100 IP address but I was still unable to connect with the other devices.

How do I consistenly maintain connection with my Macbook and all other devices?

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Macbook access using static IP causes loss of connection to all devices after restart-Solution
2020-09-11 06:05:20 - last edited 2020-09-11 06:07:31

@CDubbs 

Good day.

Thank you very much for your time and patience.

Just want to be sure, did you say, once the IP address changed on the MacBook, all the devices failed to get internet from RE450; rebooting the RE450, MacBook could regain the connection, but not the rest of the devices?

May I know is your MacBook connected via Ethernet cable to RE450, or wirelessly?

Did you enable the DHCP(get an IP address automatically), or still getting IP address manually?

When the IP address changed on the Mac and no devices could get internet, what are the status of the lights about 2.4ghz and 5ghz? Are they still on?

By the way, what are the model number and operating system of the MacBook?

Thank you very much!

Recommended Solution
Options
1 Reply
Re:Macbook access using static IP causes loss of connection to all devices after restart-Solution
2020-09-11 06:05:20 - last edited 2020-09-11 06:07:31

@CDubbs 

Good day.

Thank you very much for your time and patience.

Just want to be sure, did you say, once the IP address changed on the MacBook, all the devices failed to get internet from RE450; rebooting the RE450, MacBook could regain the connection, but not the rest of the devices?

May I know is your MacBook connected via Ethernet cable to RE450, or wirelessly?

Did you enable the DHCP(get an IP address automatically), or still getting IP address manually?

When the IP address changed on the Mac and no devices could get internet, what are the status of the lights about 2.4ghz and 5ghz? Are they still on?

By the way, what are the model number and operating system of the MacBook?

Thank you very much!

Recommended Solution
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 392

Replies: 1