connected to the internet yet router says i'm not

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-09-09 08:22:58
Model: Archer VR400  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Hi, after setting up my router both wifi and cable connection worked fine but the internet status was disconnected.

I checked with my internet provider and they said that the connection is fine so i did a factory reset to the device and set it up again, this time i got the following message : "cannot connect to the internet, please check your parameters and try again, if the problem continues contact your ISP" 

After the second set up i have a connection but the device still says it's not connected.

Is there a solution ? 

Thanks in advance,

MG

Options
3 Reply
Re:connected to the internet yet router says i'm not
2020-09-09 08:32:51

@MG56 

Good day.

May I know who is your internet service provider?

At the back of the Archer VR400, which port is connected to the internet service provider, the DSL port, or LAN/WAN port?

What kind of internet connection type did you use, PPPoE, or Dynamic IP, and Did you also need VLAN?

After the setup, could you please send me a picture of the advanced>status page for me?

Thank you!

Options
2020-09-09 14:40:08 - last edited 2020-09-09 14:41:26

@Sunshine 

Hello,

the router is connected to the DSL port, my connection type is PPPoE and my ISP is a company called Best.

I do not know what VLAN is so i guess i didn't use it.

About the picture - i can send it later on today or at the most tomorrow.

Hope this info is helpful

for the time being,

MG.

Options
2020-09-11 07:01:55

@Sunshine 

Hello again,

About the picture you wanted from advanced -status page, i didn't realize how much sensitive information is on it.

Please let me know what exactly it is you are looking for on that page and i'll send you that info as long as it's not personal/IP adress related.

Have a nice day,

MG.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 384

Replies: 3

Related Articles