Using TPlink AC1750 with sky broadband

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-09-09 18:39:02 - last edited 2020-09-10 07:40:59
Model: Archer A7  
Hardware Version: V5
Firmware Version: 1.0.1.1

Hi, I'm having trouble connecting this router to replace my current router... I'm currently with sky broadband and their router can only be described as steaming garbage (drops the Ethernet connection every few seconds as the PC is too good to handle it) so I was looking at switching the router out in the hopes that the connection would improve, but The quick setup is throwing me a "WAN port is not connected" error everytime I try to perform the setup.

I've narrowed this down to an issue with the TPlink router, as I've connected the old router back up and it's recieving a connection absolutely fine. I've temporarily got it running as an access point but I'd like to fully switch it out...

Any suggestions?

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Using TPlink AC1750 with sky broadband-Solution
2020-09-10 07:40:21 - last edited 2020-09-10 07:40:58

@Mattphillips357 

Hello,

Is there a modem provided by Sky? Do you have internet access when you connect the modem directly to your computer? If yes, there should be no issue when connecting the A7 to it. If you haven't tried this, please confirm this first as we can verify if there is any restriction or limitation on your line. If there is no internet access on the computer when the modem is connected directly, while it works when the Sky Hub router is connected, there might be restrictions on your line and it is suggested to contact your ISP to release any binding.

Please refer to the below troubleshooting guide to confirm some basic settings again on the A7 if the internet is working fine when the modem is connected to your computer directly:
https://www.tp-link.com/support/faq/1556/

Thanks a lot.

Recommended Solution
Options
1 Reply
Re:Using TPlink AC1750 with sky broadband-Solution
2020-09-10 07:40:21 - last edited 2020-09-10 07:40:58

@Mattphillips357 

Hello,

Is there a modem provided by Sky? Do you have internet access when you connect the modem directly to your computer? If yes, there should be no issue when connecting the A7 to it. If you haven't tried this, please confirm this first as we can verify if there is any restriction or limitation on your line. If there is no internet access on the computer when the modem is connected directly, while it works when the Sky Hub router is connected, there might be restrictions on your line and it is suggested to contact your ISP to release any binding.

Please refer to the below troubleshooting guide to confirm some basic settings again on the A7 if the internet is working fine when the modem is connected to your computer directly:
https://www.tp-link.com/support/faq/1556/

Thanks a lot.

Recommended Solution
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1808

Replies: 1

Related Articles