Deco firmware upgrade

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Deco firmware upgrade

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Deco firmware upgrade
Deco firmware upgrade
2020-09-10 07:25:14 - last edited 2020-09-10 11:10:02
Model: Deco P9  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.04

Hi!

I am in a strange situation where different P9 devices have different firmware versions (at the time of the firmware upgrade, they weren't connected to the network)

Now that they are connected, I would like to upgrade the firmware to 1.1, but the app is saying that all Decos are up to date.

is there any way to upgrade individual Decos?

Thanks.

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Deco firmware upgrade-Solution
2020-09-10 11:09:19 - last edited 2020-09-10 11:10:02

@Rafrafuk 

Is that specific Deco showing offline on the Deco app? If yes, you need to ensure it is back online first, you may try to restart it and move it closer to the main Deco, then update the firmware again.

Or you may reset it to factory defaults and add it back to the system again, then check for the updates.

Recommended Solution
Options
3 Reply
Re:Deco firmware upgrade-Solution
2020-09-10 11:09:19 - last edited 2020-09-10 11:10:02

@Rafrafuk 

Is that specific Deco showing offline on the Deco app? If yes, you need to ensure it is back online first, you may try to restart it and move it closer to the main Deco, then update the firmware again.

Or you may reset it to factory defaults and add it back to the system again, then check for the updates.

Recommended Solution
Options
Re:Deco firmware upgrade
2020-09-11 05:34:28

@TP-Link_Deco 

At the time i did the upgrade, it wasn't on the network (I don't typically need it and keep it as a spare).

At that point, the app was showing that the system was up to date and all the P9s to be using the 1.1 version of the firmware.

I then added the spare P9 to the network whcih was showing, was connected to the rest of the unit and to the internet.

At that point, the app says that the system is up to date, and the P9s are using the 1.0.1 version of the firmware (which is the version of the Spare P9)

Note that the WebUI is also not accessible.

thanks!

Options
Re:Deco firmware upgrade
2020-09-11 08:10:44

@Rafrafuk 

Hello, sorry about that.

Our engineer will email you and help you update the firmware, if you are willing to follow it up, please check your inbox and respond.                      

Thanks for your cooperation and support. Good day.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 646

Replies: 3

Related Articles