TP-Link AC750-RE200 - Cannot find the Wi-Fi network of Range Extender

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

TP-Link AC750-RE200 - Cannot find the Wi-Fi network of Range Extender

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
15 Reply
Re:TP-Link AC750-RE200 - Cannot find the Wi-Fi network of Range Extender
2021-04-23 04:30:45
Options
2021-04-23 11:47:33

@Slo0om 

Good day,

May I know how about the Led status on Range extender after you set up the extender? 

If only power leds lights up after you set up RE, please try suggestions here: 

1>Please verify your Wi-Fi password by forgetting your Wi-Fi network on cell phone first :  
Go to Settings-> WiFi on your phone, Tap (or Long press  the router's WiFi name  ->Forget / Delete the network 
Please reconnect to your router wifi and it will ask for a password, will it accept your router password?

2> factory reset tp-link range extender : press the reset hole for 10 secs with RE powered on
On cell phone WIFI settings, connect to Range extender WiFi first ( do not connect to router wifi or and turn off mobile data)3> follow instructions on Tether app or Web page step by step  ( carefully examine the Wi-Fi password you have put in, and it is recommended to create a different SSID/WiFi name for RE )

If the above does not work, please let us know model of your router, firwma & hardware  of your range extender , many thanks. 

https://www.tp-link.com/support/faq/315/#2

Options
2021-04-25 18:57:36

Stavros80 wrote

Hello,

I have a RE200 AC750 Wi-Fi Range Extender. I am trying to use it after a long time. My problem is that when I plugin the extender, the thrid light (WI-Fi light) is not green or bliking at all. As a result, I cannot find the Wi-Fi network of the Range Extender in order to pair it with my modem.

Do you have any idea on what is the problem?

Thanks,

Stavros

@Stavros80 

Options
2021-04-26 16:40:18

@Solla-topee 

Hi, can you help me with this same issue?

Since i bought the extender i havent been able to connect the 5g. It doesn't appear when looking for networks and if I enter it manually it fails. 

I've reset the extender multiple times but it never works. 

Thanks!

Here is the S/N #22064E1000707, in case you need it.

Options
2021-04-28 03:17:41

@Yeniag Hello, 

If your range extender failed to detect router's 5Ghz WiFi,  please change router's   5Ghz channel to 36/40/44/48 Band 1 channel. 

Here is an FAQ: Why my Range Extender is unable to detect 5GHz wireless network of my root router?
https://www.tp-link.com/support/faq/1314/

Options