Deco M5 on firmware 1.4.7 KEEPS DROPPING

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-09-13 18:49:05 - last edited 2020-09-16 03:12:19
Model: Deco M5  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version: 1.4.7 Build 20200725 Rel. 63377

I have seen numerous threads on this subject and no answers!     Have I missed something?   Is there an issue to this issue that many people have voiced?

My mesh network keeps dropping; the LED turns amber.   This issues is extremely frustrating.  Please help.   Thanks All

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Deco M5 on firmware 1.4.7 KEEPS DROPPING -Solution
2020-09-16 03:12:14 - last edited 2020-09-16 03:12:19

Thanks @dk61 for his clarification.

@gtrman 

Hi, we can need to verify some basic information and try to locate the issue first, as this is not a firmware issue as we can see for now:

1. What is the current network diagram? How may Deco M5 nodes do you have and how are they connected?

2. Do you mean all the LEDs on the Deco M5 nodes are flashing red when you lost connection? How do you make it back to work after that?

3. At that time, with a computer connected to the main Deco directly, can you access the internet? Try to simplify the network diagram, in other words, connect the main Deco to the modem only and then connect your computer to the main Deco to verify whether it works well.

4. If still the same, please connect the computer to the modem, bypass the main Deco to test whether the network works. 

Below are some suggestions you can give it a go.

1. Relocate the Deco nodes.

2. Swap the locations of the Deco, setup one satellite Deco to the main Deco: https://www.tp-link.com/support/faq/2400/

May it help and have a nice day. 

Recommended Solution
Options
4 Reply
Re:Deco M5 on firmware 1.4.7 KEEPS DROPPING
2020-09-15 14:10:30
Sorry you're having issues. 1.4.7 firmware has been pretty stable for me so I can't really offer any help on the disconnecting issue.
Options
Re:Deco M5 on firmware 1.4.7 KEEPS DROPPING -Solution
2020-09-16 03:12:14 - last edited 2020-09-16 03:12:19

Thanks @dk61 for his clarification.

@gtrman 

Hi, we can need to verify some basic information and try to locate the issue first, as this is not a firmware issue as we can see for now:

1. What is the current network diagram? How may Deco M5 nodes do you have and how are they connected?

2. Do you mean all the LEDs on the Deco M5 nodes are flashing red when you lost connection? How do you make it back to work after that?

3. At that time, with a computer connected to the main Deco directly, can you access the internet? Try to simplify the network diagram, in other words, connect the main Deco to the modem only and then connect your computer to the main Deco to verify whether it works well.

4. If still the same, please connect the computer to the modem, bypass the main Deco to test whether the network works. 

Below are some suggestions you can give it a go.

1. Relocate the Deco nodes.

2. Swap the locations of the Deco, setup one satellite Deco to the main Deco: https://www.tp-link.com/support/faq/2400/

May it help and have a nice day. 

Recommended Solution
Options
2020-09-16 18:04:53

@TP-Link_Deco   Here are answers to your inquiries:

1. What is the current network diagram? How may Deco M5 nodes do you have and how are they connected?  I have 3 commecnted

2. Do you mean all the LEDs on the Deco M5 nodes are flashing red when you lost connection? How do you make it back to work after that?  All three turn amber, they do not flash.  After about 20 seconds, they trun green again. 

3. At that time, with a computer connected to the main Deco directly, can you access the internet? Try to simplify the network diagram, in other words, connect the main Deco to the modem only and then connect your computer to the main Deco to verify whether it works well.     That situation works unless the deco goes amber.

4. If still the same, please connect the computer to the modem, bypass the main Deco to test whether the network works.    I have verified there are no issues with the modem

I will try your suggestions in the mean time.

Again - I see a lot of posts with people reportting this problem

Options
2020-09-16 18:05:26
Thanks anyway :)
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 852

Replies: 4