VR2800 unable to see network connections on Deco subnet or homeplug repeaters

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-09-14 20:01:39 - last edited 2020-09-16 10:33:14
Model: Archer VR2800  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 0.5.0 0.9.1 v006c.0 Build 200710 Beta.50656n

Hi,

I replaced an old BT Homehub with the V2800 and set the IP address to 192.168.1.254 so it matched all my devices with fixed IP addresses.

After disabling the IP6 which was causing some issues all is working well.

However, I have a mesh network using Deco M5s connected and I cannot see or control any of the devices connected to the Deco mesh network (no IP or MAC addresses other than the Deco units themselves).

Am I missing something? Other routers I have used previously showed all connected devices, whether on a switch or wifi via homeplug of Deco units as well as active or 'previous' devices.

ANy guidancxe appreciated or confirmation that TP Link does not show other of their connected devices correctly?

Thanks.

Options
8 Reply
Re:VR2800 unable to see network connections on Deco subnet or homeplug repeaters
2020-09-16 09:03:49 - last edited 2020-09-16 10:33:14

@Stewart 

Good day.

Thank you very much for your time and patience.

Sorry for the delay.

For your case, we might need some help to check the following details:

1. What is the operating mode for Deco M5, access point or wireless router mode?
  2. Will you see these devices appearing on the Deco APP?
  3. Before you disabled the IPV6, are you able to see these devices?

And if you set up Deco as wireless mode, the devices connected to Deco  would only appear on Deco DHCP list, not on the VR2800;

Thank you very much.

Options
Re:VR2800 unable to see network connections on Deco subnet or homeplug repeaters
2020-09-16 10:07:10

@Sunshine 

Sunshine wrote

@Stewart 

Good day.

Thank you very much for your time and patience.

Sorry for the delay.

For your case, we might need some help to check the following details:

1. What is the operating mode for Deco M5, access point or wireless router mode?
  2. Will you see these devices appearing on the Deco APP?
  3. Before you disabled the IPV6, are you able to see these devices?

And if you set up Deco as wireless mode, the devices connected to Deco  would only appear on Deco DHCP list, not on the VR2800;

Thank you very much.

Thank you for responding.

1. Deco M5 are all operating in AP mode.

2. Yes, Deco App sees all currently connected devices as well as previously registered but disconnected devices/

3, Never been able to see any devices connected to the Deco M5 via the VR2800 interface (using PC connection, not the Tether App)

All the Deco M5s are visible on the network map (I used the MAC address tro identify them).

Any phone or tablet connected to the M5 Deco are not visible at all on the VR2800 network screen. This is strange as the VR2800 would have assigned an IP address to those devices using DHCP.

I have had to reserve an address block for all my fixed IP devices on the home/office network and all those devices now operate normally. THis is why I had to disable IPv6 as it caused real problems and conflicts with my fixed IP addresses so all my IPv^ capable devices on the network have it disabled (where possible) and also on the VR2800 I have disabled IPv6.

Apart from this issue of not seeing or being able to control any wifi device connected via the M5s I am very happy to have replaced my BT hub with yours.

Devices connected ONLY to the VR2800 wifi do show up.

This is really strange as even low cost hubs show any devices present on the network and running an IP Scanner on my PC also shows all devices. With the VR2800 not showing connected tablets or phones on the Deco M5, I have no parental control either!

I hope you can find a solution, or perhaps connect Deco M5 to the VR2800 and test for yourself?

All devices are at the latest firmware levels.

Thank you.

Options
2020-09-16 10:32:35

@Stewart 

Additional info...

On the VR2800 Basic Tab, I already explained that all devices that are WIRED are visible. No devices connected to the DECO M5 can be seen.

I have also seen that on the Advanced-Network-LAN tab that you can see the WiFi devices  connected to the M5 but ONLY if they were managed using DHCP (Plus of course any wired device managed by DHCP). 

Options
2020-10-02 07:59:23

@Stewart VR2800 still does not support Mesh.   Many of us have been requesting for the feature to be added to their premium DSL Router but we are still waiting

Options
2020-10-03 10:26:13

@Mohawks Where is the best place to lobby TP Link to support Mesh on their high end routers? (I consider the VR2800 high end).

Thanks.

Options
2020-10-06 15:24:25

@Sunshine Can you please push the product team to add OneMesh to VR2800, which is your HIGH end DSL modem.

With NBN moving more FTTN households to FTTP in the next 3 years, TPLink need to take care of their best customers, so that we can continue to trust the brand to provide all our networking needs in the future

Options
2020-10-06 16:13:14
Not sure how to reach the product team but have emailed support.
Options
2020-10-07 03:23:56

@Stewart I tagged user Sunshine who is TPLink support, who is able to raise it with Product team

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 981

Replies: 8