Passcode/Password Protection for Deco App

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-09-15 13:53:21 - last edited 2022-04-24 02:09:51
Model: Deco  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Does the Deco app have any sort of passcode/password access feature? After reading reviews that positioned TP-Link network parental controls as one of the top pics, we installed an M5 network in the house. While the screentime controls, wifi pausing and insights seem to work well, I see no way to secure the app so that the kids can't simply grab our phones and reenable. We previously had local software on their devices and it took a matter of days for them to figure out how to workaround and disable it. Afraid that it'll be a matter of time before they figure out how to do it on our phones. Logging out of the app each time doesn't seem to be a solution as I lose notifications and quick access controls. A number of my other apps have a 4-6 digit code that unlocks them. Am I missing something here, or is this an existing flaw in the app? Thanks

Options
14 Reply
Re:Passcode/Password Protection for Deco App
2020-09-16 03:17:59 - last edited 2022-04-21 02:45:53

@Mike_P 

Hello, I‘m afraid there is no such feature on the Deco app login or changing any settings on it, while this will be forwarded as a feature request to our developers for consideration.

Thank you for your feedback.

Options
2020-09-16 13:55:23

@TP-Link_Deco Anyone who has kids at home, understands that they are the biggest threat to the home network being hacked (consider them the hackers). An unsecured app is a major flaw in Decos "Total Security" at it's most basic level. "Peace of Mind with Parental Controls" means knowing that our home network is safe from both outside AND inside intrusion. I certainly hope this passcode feature is taken into serious consideration... soon! Thanks

Options
2020-09-17 01:25:09

@Mike_P 

Thanks very much for your valued suggestions and explanation again. We will forward this feature request to the related department for consideration.

Good days.

Options
2020-10-14 01:44:28

Well mine is going back unless they get to it quickly!  Figure out how to make it fingerprint too.  Wow. 
@TP-Link_Deco 

Options
2021-06-14 21:24:15

I'm adding my 2 cents. Every app has a password yet the one that could be used to hack one's network does not. 

What happens if my phone is lost or stolen? 

Gotta get a password option here.  Protect us from strangers and our kids!

Kevin

Options
2021-06-17 03:20:16

Seriously?

https://www.howtogeek.com/253101/how-to-secure-your-android-phone-with-a-pin-password-or-pattern/

https://www.samsung.com/au/support/mobile-devices/setup-biometrics-and-security/

https://support.apple.com/en-au/guide/iphone/iph14a867ae/ios

Options
2021-06-17 15:43:13

@McFly Thanks for taking the time to share the links and your remark. That's great advice for a completely unrelated topic. Most of us chiming in here clearly do not possess your profound intellect and may have a difficult time processing this wisdom. We are only simple parents, who understand just a little bit about kids, and are looking for a realistic solution, from a company that sold us on parental controls and security. We’re focused on the little things, such as balancing security (securing sensitive apps incl Deco), entertainment (access to games) and safety (emergency access to phone). A screen lock is such basic functionality found in so many apps, including banking social, shopping, etc. Who would have thought a security app doesn't even have... security.

Options
2021-06-17 19:08:56

@Mike_P 

I had similar, less civil, comments in mind. Glad you beat me to it.

Options
2022-02-22 07:01:42

@TP-Link_Deco 😊

Options
2022-04-20 21:10:37

@Mike_P Absolutely needed. It's been years since it's been posted and still no movement...

Options

Information

Helpful: 4

Views: 2847

Replies: 14

Related Articles