TP-link Deco M4 AC1200 and Huawei P20 problem with dropping connection

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-09-17 10:13:17
Model: Deco M4  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version: 1.4.2 Build 20200727 Rel. 37987

Hi!

We've been using TP-Link Deco M4 AC1200 for quite a while now and it's been working great so far. But since my Huawei P20 updated to Android 10 a few weeks ago I've been experiencing some problems. Wifi connection keeps dropping. I am succesfully connected to our mesh WIFI and the signal is great. I can even stand right by the wifi node and the connection will drop in a matter of minutes. Then it reconnects and drops and reconnects and drops and so on. If i have Wireless settings opened on my phone I can see that the wifi suddenly dissapears. I should mention that on other phones and devices WIFI is working fine. Also my phone has no problems when I'm connected to some other wifi like at work for an example.The problem is just at home with m4 deco wifi. Did anyone experienced any similar problem? Anyone has any advice on how to monitor and find out why my connection keeps dropping. Every node (1main and 2 satellites) is updated, I tried enabling and disabling beam forwarding, I tried turning them all off and switching on first the main one and then others one by one... nothing seems to help.I also tried to do a factory reset on my phone, and the problem is still here. It's like my phone and deco m4 just aren't compatible anymore...

If anyone has any helpful advice it would be much appreciated.

Best regards,

Jan

Options
2 Reply
Re:TP-link Deco M4 AC1200 and Huawei P20 problem with dropping connection
2020-10-19 07:03:24

@JanMar 

Hello, we have released a new firmware for the Deco M4, please upgrade the Deco M4 system to the latest, then confirm again if your Huawei P20 can connect to the network stably.

BTW, you may also check on the Huawei community to see if there is any suggestion from them, thanks a lot~

Options
Re:TP-link Deco M4 AC1200 and Huawei P20 problem with dropping connection
2020-10-19 09:00:44

@TP-Link_Deco 

Thank you for the reply. I will update units and give you feedback. I will also create a request with huawei if this deco update won't solve the problem.

Thank you again.

Best regards,

Jan

Options