Unstable WIFI signal even within 1 meter in Archer C5

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-09-18 06:31:55 - last edited 2020-09-22 08:57:12
Model: Archer C50  
Hardware Version: V4
Firmware Version:

Unstable WIFI signal even within 1 meter in Archer C5. Model tab not showing Archer C5 in list so I entered Archer C50

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Unstable WIFI signal even within 1 meter in Archer C5-Solution
2020-09-22 08:57:08 - last edited 2020-09-22 08:57:12

@Aravind_Antony 

Hello, thanks for verifying.

So the current issue is that the wireless connection will lose the internet, both 2.4GHz and 5GHz on the C5, right? 

What is the LED status of the Archer C5 at that time? Is the internet LED orange or green? Is there still a WAN IP address on the C5 when the wireless disconnects? BTW, what is the WAN connection type on C5?

How many devices are connected to the C5 wireless network, 2.4GHz, and 5GHz? Are they losing the internet at the same time or randomly?

Have you ever tried to change some wireless settings yet? Including wireless channel and channel width. For example, change the channel of 2.4GHz to 1, 6, or 11, channel width to 20Mhz; for 5GHz, use channels 36, 40, and 44, channel width 80MHz.

Besides, you can try to hard reset the router to give it a go as well. 

There is the guidance you can refer to narrow down the issue: 
https://www.tp-link.com/support/faq/2237/  

Recommended Solution
Options
3 Reply
Re:Unstable WIFI signal even within 1 meter in Archer C5-Solution
2020-09-22 08:57:08 - last edited 2020-09-22 08:57:12

@Aravind_Antony 

Hello, thanks for verifying.

So the current issue is that the wireless connection will lose the internet, both 2.4GHz and 5GHz on the C5, right? 

What is the LED status of the Archer C5 at that time? Is the internet LED orange or green? Is there still a WAN IP address on the C5 when the wireless disconnects? BTW, what is the WAN connection type on C5?

How many devices are connected to the C5 wireless network, 2.4GHz, and 5GHz? Are they losing the internet at the same time or randomly?

Have you ever tried to change some wireless settings yet? Including wireless channel and channel width. For example, change the channel of 2.4GHz to 1, 6, or 11, channel width to 20Mhz; for 5GHz, use channels 36, 40, and 44, channel width 80MHz.

Besides, you can try to hard reset the router to give it a go as well. 

There is the guidance you can refer to narrow down the issue: 
https://www.tp-link.com/support/faq/2237/  

Recommended Solution
Options
Re:Unstable WIFI signal even within 1 meter in Archer C5
2020-10-07 19:55:46

@Kevin_Z 

Hello, Kevin. Thanks for your reply.

" So the current issue is that the wireless connection will lose the internet, both 2.4GHz and 5GHz on the C5, right? "

Ans.: No, I am facing issue only when device connected with 5GHz wireless connection. Internet not getting lose, actual problem is wireless connection itself lose, that means 5GHz WIFI connection get disconnected and connected automatically. Its happening often in every 1hour or 30 minutes.

" What is the LED status of the Archer C5 at that time? Is the internet LED orange or green? Is there still a WAN IP address on the C5 when the wireless disconnects? BTW, what is the WAN connection type on C5? "

Ans.: All seems normal. Internet & WIFI connection getting in 2.4GHz & working fine in that, while 5GHz WIFI connection gets disconnecting automatically.

" How many devices are connected to the C5 wireless network, 2.4GHz, and 5GHz? Are they losing the internet at the same time or randomly? "

Ans.: In 2.4GHz, 3 devices connected, whereas in 5GHz 2devices connected. Devices connected in 5HGz losing the internet / WIFI connection at the same time.

" Have you ever tried to change some wireless settings yet? Including wireless channel and channel width. For example, change the channel of 2.4GHz to 1, 6, or 11, channel width to 20Mhz; for 5GHz, use channels 36, 40, and 44, channel width 80MHz. "

Ans.: No I didnt tried any configuration setup like this.

My important query, is that this problem is common problem in this Archer C5 model, my ISP told this model having same issue in every unit and also one of my friend who using same model Archer C5 facing same issue which I was reported here. Can this problem is fixable or else, as my ISP recommending, I need to change the model to Archer C6 which hasnt having this issue?

Options
Re:Unstable WIFI signal even within 1 meter in Archer C5
2020-10-14 08:00:28

@Aravind_Antony 

Hi, thanks again for the detailed info.

Actually, this Archer C5 V4 is a customized version for Service Providers in the local market, which means the firmware of the router is self-designed by your ISP, and we cannot do much about it. The support for this customized version is covered by your ISP as well, and you can replace it if they suggest you do so.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 838

Replies: 3

Related Articles