C2300 link aggregation issues

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-09-18 14:36:52
Model: Archer C2300  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 2.0.3

I have a Archer C2300 that I'm trying to connect to my NAS using link aggregation. The NAS has two nic's and I can see them both in the C2300 software, both have a ip and both show up as a wired connection....BUT only as long as link aggregation is turned off.  As soon as I turn on link aggregation and reboot the router the NAS no longer shows up in my wired connections and the NAS is no longer visible on the network. Then if I disable the link aggregation the NAS comes back on and shows up again.

In the NAS settings I am using bonding mode 802.3ad

In the C2300 I'm using the default SRC MAC+DST MAC (which is suggested in the tplink help article about setting up link aggregation on the C2300

Any advice or any ideas on whats going on?

Thanks!

Stephen

Options
2 Reply
Re:C2300 link aggregation issues
2021-03-14 21:28:32

@SPOautos, it also happens with AX6000. TP-Link link aggregation does not work with 802.3ad mode, apparently. I'm using my iMac, which uses the same link aggregation mode, and it does not work at all. Before, I already tried with a NAS, and I had to use fixed link aggregation mode (I do NOT know what that means) to make it work.

I am very disappointed with this router because I had a NetGear before with WiFi-5, which worked like a charm. Truly disappointed.

Options
Re:C2300 link aggregation issues
2021-03-16 07:44:31

@RenatoLM 

Hello, please ensure you are running with the latest firmware on the AX6000, then check this article as we found to make the NAS work:

https://community.tp-link.com/en/home/forum/topic/210898

If you found a post or response helpful, please click Helpful (arrow pointing upward icon). If you are the author of a topic, remember to mark a helpful reply as the "Recommended Solution" (star icon) so that others can benefit from it.
Options