TP link archer ax3000/ax50 loses internet connection but my modem is not

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

TP link archer ax3000/ax50 loses internet connection but my modem is not

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
66 Reply
Re:TP link archer ax3000/ax50 loses internet connection but my modem is not
2020-11-22 08:55:22

@Reian 

@mac13's suggestion was the same one suggested by TP-Link engineers. Since I set the DNS server settings to manual and used Google's DNS server settings, the problem has gone away completely.

Primary DNS: 8.8.8.8

Secondary DNS: 8.8.4.4

Hope it works for you too!

Options
2020-11-23 08:45:37

@vulcan83 

Hi, glad to hear that changing the DNS servers on the router manually works, congrats.^_^

If need any further help, just let us know.

Good day~

Options
2020-11-24 08:50:37

I tried the setting the DNS manually, yesterday afternoon, and it worked for at least 24 hrs. But it was disconnected again today around 3:47pm.

Here's the system log when it dropped.

-

@Kevin_Z  , since there's a lot of issue regarding the WAN connection being disconnected on AX50 routers, will there be a firmware update soon? please release a new firmware to fix this issue. It will help non-techie people to just set it up fast out of the box (as illustrated and described in the start up manual) without going through this hard search to resolve the issue because some people do not know this forums do exist. Some people also does not have time to do searching for fix and just ditch the router.

I am missing my Deco M4, it did not give me any disconnections, no extra setup. Moving on, I need this AX50 to work full time, because almost all of my devices are WiFi 6 ready.

Options
2020-11-24 09:15:38

@Eltan 

Hello, do you encounter the same disconnect issue as others discussed in this thread?

Is your ISP PLDT? Is it providing a Dynamic IP connection or Static IP? You may check that by simply connecting your main computer to the modem directly, then check the IP address on the computer. Ensure the internet connection is stable.

If PLDT provides you a Dynamic connection, please change the WAN connection type on the AX50 back to dynamic, then try to do the MAC clone on it when connecting your main computer to its LAN port.

It is also suggested trying with different cat5e or cat6 cables between the modem and the AX50.

Please confirm how would the connection recover, do you need to re-build the WAN connection or just restart the AX50? When the internet disconnects on the AX50, please check if you still get an WAN IP address and gateway on the status page. Just to confirm, is the internet LED becomes orange when it disconnects?

If the issue happened again, please save and send us the system log on the AX50, don't restart the AX50, otherwise, there will be no useful logs.

Thanks a lot.

Options
2020-11-24 09:51:50

Kevin_Z wrote

@Eltan 

Hello, do you encounter the same disconnect issue as others discussed in this thread?

Is your ISP PLDT? Is it providing a Dynamic IP connection or Static IP? You may check that by simply connecting your main computer to the modem directly, then check the IP address on the computer. Ensure the internet connection is stable.

If PLDT provides you a Dynamic connection, please change the WAN connection type on the AX50 back to dynamic, then try to do the MAC clone on it when connecting your main computer to its LAN port.

It is also suggested trying with different cat5e or cat6 cables between the modem and the AX50.

Please confirm how would the connection recover, do you need to re-build the WAN connection or just restart the AX50? When the internet disconnects on the AX50, please check if you still get an WAN IP address and gateway on the status page. Just to confirm, is the internet LED becomes orange when it disconnects?

If the issue happened again, please save and send us the system log on the AX50, don't restart the AX50, otherwise, there will be no useful logs.

Thanks a lot.

@Kevin_Z 

ISP: PLDT Home Fibr
IP: Dynamic

ETHERNET/GIGABIT CABLE: I have used cat5e and cat6e cable with the same result.

WAN

The WAN connection of AX50 is already set to dynamic. The only static that I've set is the DNS.

Do I still need to MAC clone?, I am not using the LAN port of the router, I only connect via WiFi.

Disconnection
Once it is disconnected, the LED becomes orange. I still get WAN IP address. As for the recovery routine, it would recover by just unplugging the cable from AX50's WAN port and plug it back in.

Options
2020-11-24 10:36:05

@Eltan 

Yes, please try to do MAC clone on the AX50, ensure first you can get a stable connection by connecting a PC to the modem directly, then connect this PC to the AX50 LAN with a cable to clone its MAC address on the AX50.

Options
2020-11-24 11:53:19
Will do this after my working hours. Thanks for the fast reply. Will update this thread if it works.
Options
2020-11-24 17:27:31

Kevin_Z wrote

@Eltan 

Yes, please try to do MAC clone on the AX50, ensure first you can get a stable connection by connecting a PC to the modem directly, then connect this PC to the AX50 LAN with a cable to clone its MAC address on the AX50.

@Kevin_Z 

when cloning a MAC address as suggested, do I have to keep that device connected directly to the PLDT modem?

Options
2020-11-24 20:10:04

@Loading....  @Kevin_Z

Facing same issue of WAN disconnection

Status ion Logs : [0] wan port link down

Model: Archer A6
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 1.1.7 Build 20201010 rel.49458(5553)
Hi,

I recently bought TP Link Archer A6 online and started facing as an Internet connection keeps on dropping.

I checked the system Logs and found below messages occur periodically in the span of 1-2 hrs or sometimes lesser.

[0] wan port link down

[0] wan port link up with speed 1000M

I was using Tp link TL-WR840 N and never had any issues.

The reason I purchased a new router as my Internet speed is 250 Mbps and old router did not have gigbyet port.

When contacted TP link support did all the troubleshooting including factory reset and firmware upgrade.

Finally, I have been advised to replace the router.

I requested a replacement and received the same in 4-5 days. Meanwhile, I connected old TL-WR840 N router and the internet worked just fine.

However, the moment in connected Brand new Archer 16 which i received as a replacement I started facing the same issue again.

once again contacted support and wilth advise setup primary and Secondary DNs to 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4 respectively. MTU size : 1458

Still facing the same issue. Not sure what to do as fed up. Never thought of such issues before purchasing a new router. 

I would appreciate if some can help.

Options
2020-11-25 01:53:47

@Eltan 

Hello, when do the MAC clone, you need to connect the specific PC to the LAN port of the AX50, but please ensure this PC do have a stable internet connection from the modem when it is connected directly, otherwise, this may not help.

Options