TP link archer ax3000/ax50 loses internet connection but my modem is not

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

TP link archer ax3000/ax50 loses internet connection but my modem is not

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
66 Reply
Re:TP link archer ax3000/ax50 loses internet connection but my modem is not
2020-12-01 06:52:38

@Kevin_Z 

Hi,

I received an email from tp link support and will follow up on email. Thanks.

Regards

Options
2020-12-06 07:46:06

@mac13 

I just migrated/switched from GlobeDSL to PLDT Fiber ... PLDT issued the Huawei HG8145V5 modem with the PLDT firmware loaded on it. Before the PLDT tech arrived to finish the installation I logged into the PLDT HG8145V5 modem as admin (adminpldt) and configured it as "bridge" because by default it came as "Router WAN" mode. When the PLDT tech arrived, he was surprised that I knew how to access the modem and configure it. He said it was fine to bridge it but he asked me to set it back to default so that their system can see it and then after that just set it back to bridge. So, I did just that, I set it back to default then it went online with the IP on the modem of 100.xx.xx.xx and did a speedtest and got about 26 mbps which is fine since the plan is only for 25mbps , then I set it to "bridge" mode and checked the WAN IP on the TP-Link AX50, its 100.xx.xx.xx and did a speedtest and got 27 mbps.

Everything seems to be working fine so far, I did notice that the modem only communicated at a 100 mbps on the LAN to WAN port thats from port 1 on the PLDT modem to the WAN port on the AX50. And I also disabled the 5Ghz wireless signal from the PLDT modem and set the 2.4Ghz to use the least power transmission since its only gonna be used if I can't access the PLDT modem when its wired thru the WAN port of the AX50. I also disabled the power saving mode on the PLDT modem since there's a small possibility that it causes the internet drop out that I have read about in this forum. Oh and I did set the DNS Servers to 1.0.0.1 and 8.8.4.4.

I will post again here if I encounter any problems.

Options
2021-01-04 10:32:03 - last edited 2021-01-04 10:32:44

Hello,

I can confirm that putting Cloudflare DNS's in the Internet config of my AX3000 router, finally got it working steadly, as expected! It's 3 days of continuous work now.

However, I'd like to note that:

1. judjing internet connection quality by means of DNS queries is inappropriate, as:
    1. while DNS has a standard timeout of 2 seconds, this is not generally expectable from all DNS over the world, as we're hitting this problem with many ISP's...
    2. Cloudflare is a for-profit organization, so they could stop providing their high-quality DNS for free in the future;
    3. All routers continuosly testing their DNS for connection quality generates a lot of unmotivated traffic, posing a threat on DNS servers themselves.
  2. judging internet connection quality in the router is inappropriate at all, since is not their business! Let the users/their apps judge internet connection quality!

So I'm here asking for a new firmware update, with the removal of any internet connection quality routine test!

Please TP-Link: never again put such routines in your future firmware: as you can judge by yourselves, this is mistakenly seen as a product quality issue by users!

Options
2021-01-05 11:30:06

@adaca 

Hi, it's glad to hear the issue was resolved by changing the DNS server on the AX3000 to Cloudflare's. As for your suggestions about the DNS server, we do appreciate it, we will feedback to the related department, they will evaluate and improve it. Please keep an eye on the router web interface as well as the official website for any future firmware updates.

Options
2021-01-16 04:27:32

@Kevin_Z  i also got the problem, just recently buy the product, i saw the last firmware update was in mid 2020, i hope tp link still supporting this devices, so didnt waste my money for nothing. 

Regards, 

Options
2021-01-18 03:32:05

@Lox 

Do you mean you are experiencing the same WAN disconnect issue on the AX50? Have you tried our previous suggestions that changing the WAN DNS to Google's or Cloudflare's, such as 8.8.8.8 or 1.1.1.1?

BTW, who is your ISP? Ensure your modem connection is stable first, then check and ensure the cable between the AX50 WAN and the modem is good and plugged in correctly.

Options
2021-04-22 13:30:30

Loading.... wrote

My wifi router randomly loses its connection. After using it for almost 3weeks the router shows its flaws as the router loses connection, the cables are well plugged into the WAN port but it suddenly loses connection after a couple of hours. I have to reboot the router over and over again. My tethering app shows that the connection has been disconnected even my modem is connected to the internet. I have read a lot of troubleshooting and nothing seems to work. 

Same issues here, and is has just gotten worse.  When it works, it works well, but we find ourselves spending all our time trying to fix the WiFi.  That's  bad when you run a business from home, so I think we're just going to box it up and send it back.@Loading.... 

Options
2021-04-23 07:02:39

@Sgtgtneal 

Is the model number AX3000 or AX50? May I know who is your ISP? When the internet drops on the AX1500, how about the internet LED on it, is it still green or orange?

Have you confirmed this with your ISP also? Please connect the computer directly to the ISP modem, check if it can maintain a stable internet connection. If yes, please try to clone the PC's MAC address to the AX50 by connecting this PC to the AX50 LAN port, then monitor again.

Please don't restart the router manually next time when the internet drops on it, login to the web interface of the AX1500, check if there is still a WAN IP address, try to do a ping test by launching the Advanced > System > Diagnostics, ping 8.8.8.8, then ping www.google.com. If 8.8.8.8 is pingable while www.google.com is not, try to manually set the Internet DNS server to 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4, then reboot the router to confirm the connectivity.

Options
2021-07-15 00:05:58

I have the same problem with my ax3000/ax50. It is getting progressively worse. I now have to reboot the ax50 multiple times a day.

My ISP is Xfinity.

I have set my WAN DNS go Google (8.8.8.8, 8.8.4.4).

I have replaced the ethernet cable between ax50 and Xfinity modem multiple times.

When I loose connectivity, the web admin screen says "WAN cable is not connected" (and LED is orange), then is cycles to "Connecting ...", then it cycles to "Connected" (with DHCP IP address assigned), then after a few seconds it cycles to "WAN cable is not connected" again ...

A reboot of the ax50 solves the problem for a few hours, and then it looses WAN connectivity.

Options
2021-07-15 23:08:37

@cheesehead 

I got my problem resolved by calling TP-Link several times until I got someone on the phone who was genuinely interested in helping me solve the problem.  The problem is resolved and the device is now working as advertised.  
My advice is, if you have the time, just keep pestering them until they get you fixed.

Good luck!

Options