RE450 AC1750 Wi-Fi Range Extender

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-09-18 17:44:46
Model: RE450  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

When I first got the Extender about a year ago for my gaming console, I would still lag all the time and I would randomly disconnect every 20-30 mins so I stopped using it. Yesterday, I decided to give it another chance and I don't lag anymore. The only problem I am having is the random disconnects. It happens on my gaming console and my laptop. Any help?

Options
2 Reply
Re:RE450 AC1750 Wi-Fi Range Extender
2020-09-21 06:21:29

@Jayyy 

Good day.

Sorry for the delay.

Did both 2.4ghz and 5ghz drop the connection?

How about the Ethernet connection and did it drop as well?

How about the dropping frequency, like how many times within one day?

When the internet dropped, is there any error message and what did you need to do to recover the connection?

And what is the model number of your home router?

Have you tried to change the wireless advanced settings on the home router, such as channel and channel width to reduce the Wi-Fi interference?

https://www.tp-link.com/support/faq/2292/

Thank you very much.

Options
Re:RE450 AC1750 Wi-Fi Range Extender
2020-09-21 14:01:58

@Solla-topee 

Yes they both drop connection.

The ethernet connection doesn't work for me at all. 

The connection usually drops every 20-30 mins everyday.

I get a "There's a problem connecting to our online server" when I am playing the game and the connection drops. I don't usually do anything to fix it because it fixes itself after 30 secs to a min goes by.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 655

Replies: 2

Related Articles