TP-link AC750 RE220 problem with Access Point Mode

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-09-18 20:05:54
Model: RE220  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 1.0.1 Build 20190924 Rel. 45508

Hello,

I have a wired connection which is operated by our building. Wired connection works when I connected over Ethernet port. I changed the mode to Access point on menu. However it fails to get a dynamic Ip.I reset couple times, it didn't help. Please help.

Options
4 Reply
Re:TP-link AC750 RE220 problem with Access Point Mode
2020-09-21 05:40:13

@Alperenk 

Good day, Sorry for the delay.

Have you ever checked the IP address on the computer to see if it is a private IP address and public IP address?

How to check the IP address:

Since the DHCP server on the RE220 did not turn off automatically, it has a large possibility that there Is no DHCP server from the wall, which could not assign IP address for RE220;

If I was right, what you need might be a NAT router, not an access point;

Thank you very much.

Options
2020-10-12 20:35:56

Hello,

Thank you for your response.

If there were no DHCP server coming from wall, how would my computer have IP address when connected over ethernet port directly?

I bought also, TP link TL-WR940N and tried to connect over modem but I couldn't.

This is ipconfig when I'm connected over Ethernet.

Then I try with TP-link AC750. This is Ipconfig when I'm connected over TP-link AC750 Extender.

AP starts with Repeater mode, Then I change it to AP mode. This is the Ip information and admin panel UI.

And all 5 leds on TP-link AC750 is on.

Then I unplug wifi extender and try  TP link TL-WR940N. I check the mode on UI.

I have same virtual IP on PC again. 

And I dont have WAN IP, nothing changes when I click renew.

I still don't know how can we solve this. I don't know what I need to buy, but there has to be a way to ethernet connection to wifi right??  How can my computer can receive a wan ip address but Ap or router can't ?

Please help me.

Options
2020-10-14 02:04:34

@Alperenk 

Good day,

Thank you very much for your time and patience.

Sorry for the delay.

Have you done some broadband connection on the computer before, like input PPPoE username and password or something like this?

If not, please refer to the following suggestions:

1. Connect the laptop via Ethernet cable to TL-WR940N(still on the standard router mode);
  2. Clone the MAC address of the laptop on the router, such as
  3. Then connect the router 940N  back to the wall via Ethernet cable;
  4. Check the WAN IP address again to see if there is any change, or still 0.0.0.0;

By the way, where are you located and who is your internet service provider?

Thanks a lot.

Options
2020-10-14 12:33:44

@Solla-topee 

Thank you so much it worked after MAC clone.

Provider I don't know, probably ziggo. I'm located in netherlands. I got only one ethernet cable coming to home, its a residence when I rented they told me all I need is AP.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1664

Replies: 4