Ping spike and packet loss on M9 Deco

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Ping spike and packet loss on M9 Deco

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
45 Reply
Re: Ping spike and packet loss on M9 Deco
2020-11-25 19:08:28

@3skrt 

Hi,

Had similar problems with the M5 units, some people swapped the units around and resolved the issue, but for me I disabled the QoS... I  gave nothing "high priority" and set the network to "standard" and this worked! I am using voip phones and video conferencing and had tried everything.... so just setting the QoS to standard and giving nothing "high priority" resolved the issue for me...

Options
2020-11-26 10:58:41

@DHiggins 

Good day.

Have you tried to disable the fast roaming on the APP and turn off the Mesh technology on the devices?

If possible, please also disable the beamforming.

Thank you very much!

Options
2020-12-15 04:41:06

@TP-Link 

I have tried all recommended steps that are in this thread with no success. Every 10 seconds or so, there is a massive spike which is unacceptable for online gaming.

Options
2021-02-21 11:41:33

@HelloRabbit 

My testing have shown the following.

2 windows 10 machines have ping spikes every 10 seconds.

1 ipad 2020 have no spikes

1 iphone 11 have no spikes.

Options
2021-02-21 16:35:41

@Foppwin Hello, I have since decided to return my Deco devices for Eero, no more problems since. A shame that TP-Link support could not help me. If you have the opportunity to do the same, do it, because my situation had not improved.

Options
2021-03-09 12:57:19

Have the same issue on my whole E4 network. Ridiculous. And these tplink answers ...turn off mesh, disable beamforming...blah blah...This products are crap.

Options
2021-03-10 05:44:43

@Foppwin 

Hi, Have you checked the chipset of your wireless adapter, such as the Realtek chipset since there are many feedbacks on the Realtek forum as well?

If it is, please go to the Deco app, find and tap on the Computer in the Devices list, click the Gear icon to enter its device detail page, and turn off the Mesh Technology switch.

Thank you very much.

Options
2021-03-10 07:19:54

@TP-Link I investigated this further with pingplotter. The problem was not with TP-link deco M9 but with cloud services running on the machines. MagicX cloud service loaded every 10 second. Turned that one off and it worked like a charm. On the other PC it was Epic games client that did the same. Turned it off and it ran smoothly.

To ALL: Check your cloud services. 

Options
2021-03-29 22:20:53

@Foppwin 

Why does an expensive mesh network fall over when Epic games client is running?

my kids play fortnite

i work from home. 

surely these things are compatible?

Options
2021-05-27 04:15:56

@3skrt may i know what brand and system u buying? Dont want to buy tp link product any more because the spiking issue

Options
Related Articles