Ping spike and packet loss on M9 Deco

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Ping spike and packet loss on M9 Deco

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
45 Reply
Re: Ping spike and packet loss on M9 Deco
2020-10-29 10:17:51 - last edited 2020-10-29 10:20:46

@HelloRabbit 

@TP-Link_Deco 

Can u help me too? 

1. I have 3pack Deco x20, router mode, one working like router, wifi backhaul now

2.When i was using ethernet backhaul - flashing red when drop, now iam using wifi backhaul - solid green when drop 

3. Connected by 5ghz 

4. I am still connected to main - this drops are in all network ( decos ) 

my setup:

reduction to ethernet - > Main deco ( works like router) -- > switch --- > ethernet cable -- > secondary decos

when i turn off  others ( secondary ) decos and I am aconnected to main deco - it works great, problems start when connect other decos 

beamforming - turned off, fast roaming - turned off, QoS standart, no high priorities, allready factory restart all system, did change main deco, changed positions of decos nothing helped 

Can u help me too? Thanks

Options
2020-10-29 10:38:50

@TP-Link_Deco 

Hello, 

--- : TP-LINK Wireless mesh connection

--- : UTP cat6 wired connection

[M9Plus Room3]-------[M9Plus Room2]-------[M9Plus Room1]-----------[ISP router/modem]

Additional information : Decos are in AP mode

All LEDs remain solid GREEN. Nothing I modify on Deco system settings helps get rid of this problem.

Tried : 

• Disable 2.4Ghz -> doesn't help
  • Disable Guest network -> doesn't help 
  • Swap the main deco with a satellite and change its role to main -> doesn't help

In summary, nothing helps. 

Problem persists.

This is the first step I did... It works perfectly when directly connected to ISP modem/router.

This is even my workaround right now. With a gianormous UTP cable laying on the ground to the ISP modem/router. Which defeats the purpose of the DECO system...

Did not try with Beamforming disabled and have not the opportunity to do it right now. Will try it. 

If it works without Beamforming, it defeats another purpose of why I did buy the DECO M9 Plus in first place... I did choose M9 Plus because, among other things, it has Beamforming... 

Are there plans to release a software update ?

Clearly those problems arised since the last update. As reported by many of us.

May be ask your developpers to git diff HEAD <prev version> or something ?

Regards

Options
2020-10-29 10:48:54

@3skrt 

Hi, thanks for all the details.

May I have the model of the switch in the network? What if you remove it and connect the 2nd Deco X20 to the main with the Ethernet cable directly, will it be stable?

Just to confirm, which one is the current network topology? As you said they are building up through Wi-Fi backhaul, while the connection you provided is connected via Ethernet.

Options
2020-10-29 10:58:32

@TP-Link_Deco 

Switch: Switch TP-Link TL-SG1008D 8 port, Gigabit (TL-SG1008D) 

I will try to connect it directly and gonna tell you

Now wifi backhual ( decos )  but  pc is wired to switch

Options
2020-10-29 11:11:48

@giornogiovanna 

Hi, to locate this issue and try to fix it, we would like to follow up on your case via email. Please check your inbox and provide the information that we need. Thanks.

Options
2020-10-29 12:45:51

@HelloRabbit  @TP-Link_Deco 

So, i connected deco direct to main but its the same, now turning red flashing when drop

Options
2020-10-29 12:47:50

@3skrt may you please add a screenshot showing tje drops u r seeing? Is it oacket loss or spikes?

Options
2020-10-29 12:54:09 - last edited 2020-10-29 12:55:26

@HelloRabbit @TP-Link_Deco @Sam1 

because i had to wired the deco iam using wifi but its the same..

Options
2020-10-29 13:23:28

@HelloRabbit @TP-Link_Deco its packet loss, sometimes it is twice per minute sometime one in 10 min, deco turn flashing red, for 30 secs and then back to green - nomatter which device iam using

Options
2020-10-30 02:28:24

@3skrt 

Hi, thanks for all the detailed info as for now.

Just to confirm, can we have the screenshot of the Deco web GUI that how are the three X20 connected and how are they placed in your house?

As per your previous description that the three Deco X20 are connected as below and when there is packet loss, all the LEDs on the three X20s are solid green:

Topology 1: Main deco (router mode) -- > SG1008D -- > 2nd and 3rd decos

While when you connect them as below, the LEDs on the 2nd and 3rd will be flashing red:

Topology 2: Main deco (router mode)  )))((( 2nd and 3rd

Upon this layout and issue symptom, the packet loss or disconnect issue may be highly related to the distance, you are suggested to move them closer to each other. BTW, what is the actual distance between each other? When in topology 1, can you confirm if the Ethernet backhaul is built up successfully? Please check as the below instructions (Q3):

https://www.tp-link.com/support/faq/1794/

When in topology 2, please show us the signal strength and signal source of each Deco units, then we can easily verify if the distance is appropriate. Generally, the signal strength should be at least 2 bars from the signal source.

Thanks a lot.

Options
Related Articles