Archer C20 internet light blink Problem and unstable ping

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-09-22 09:55:21 - last edited 2020-09-23 08:13:00
Model: Archer C20  
Hardware Version: V5
Firmware Version: 0.9.1 4.17 v0001.0 Build 200526 Rel.70733n(5553)

My archer C20 got a weird problem after upgrading to the latest firmware. Old firmware had its own problem but new firmware came with new problem. 

#PROBLEM#

The Light which indicates internet connection blinks to red in every 20 second for .5 sec . I see my ping go up to the max during gaming for 5 second then again stable. as if i lose connection. 

I have tried to reset the router using a pin holding the reset button for 20 seconds which didnt worked, 
When i connect my internet wire directly to my pc this solves the ping so its not my internet so better get me solution please !!

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Archer C20 internet light blink Problem and unstable ping-Solution
2020-09-23 08:12:43 - last edited 2020-09-23 08:13:00

@AsifEmon 

Hello,

Is the computer connected to the C20 with an ethernet cable when you are playing games? How about other internet activities, such as web browsing, and video watching? Are they behave normally?

Can I have a ping test results at that time when the ping spikes? 

BTW, what are the IP address and gateway info when you connected the internet line directly to the computer? Kindly show us the screenshot. Meanwhile, please also confirm what is the WAN IP address and gateway on the C20 when the internet line is connected to it, are they the same? You may try to change the WAN DNS server on the C20 to 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4, then restart both the C20 and the computer to confirm again.

Good days.

Recommended Solution
Options
6 Reply
Re:Archer C20 internet light blink Problem and unstable ping-Solution
2020-09-23 08:12:43 - last edited 2020-09-23 08:13:00

@AsifEmon 

Hello,

Is the computer connected to the C20 with an ethernet cable when you are playing games? How about other internet activities, such as web browsing, and video watching? Are they behave normally?

Can I have a ping test results at that time when the ping spikes? 

BTW, what are the IP address and gateway info when you connected the internet line directly to the computer? Kindly show us the screenshot. Meanwhile, please also confirm what is the WAN IP address and gateway on the C20 when the internet line is connected to it, are they the same? You may try to change the WAN DNS server on the C20 to 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4, then restart both the C20 and the computer to confirm again.

Good days.

Recommended Solution
Options
Re:Archer C20 internet light blink Problem and unstable ping
2020-09-23 17:12:25

@Kevin_Z 

I use a tplink wifi receiver for my pc.
I tested with connecting from the router via ethernet cable but didnt resolve my issue. 
Then i connected my pc directly via isp's ethernet cable which solved the ping.

There is no way to test the ping during the spike as it happens randomly. I tried to follow a guide found in this forum about wifi channels and width i followed it for both my 2.4G and 5Ghz which didnt solved either.

Last night i was so frustrated that i flashed Openwrt which solved the problem but i was used to tplink ui and tplink app on android so i flashed stock again which softbricked my router.

Then after trying few hours i was able to find a strip firmware of the older version for my c20 which helped. 
Now i dont have any spikes but i have to reboot my router in every 4/5 hours because internet gets slow in this firmware version. after reboot everything seems fine. 

I dont want to upgrade to the latest firmware.

# i use PPPOE as my connection method and 1.1.1.1    1.0.0.1 is my dns which reduces my ping 

Thank you 

Options
2020-09-25 02:33:04

@AsifEmon 

Hello,

Glad to hear that the ping spikes issue was resolved by upgrading to an older version. May I know which version are you on now? Kindly show us the firmware screenshot, thanks a lot~

Options
2020-09-28 21:00:32

@Kevin_Z 

Here you go , 

i am looking for a guide of setup wifi for low ping , it was here in the forum somewhere but cant find it :( can you help ? 

i need setings for both 2.4g and 5g

Thanks

Options
2020-09-29 07:01:06

@AsifEmon 

Hi, I'm not sure what kind of setting do you refer to to low the ping, you may search on the community, sorry about that.

Options
2021-04-09 22:51:09

@AsifEmon How do I get that firmware?I have ping spikes of 68 to 500 ms in valorant and fortnite

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 2368

Replies: 6

Related Articles