Extend Deco M9 to garden office

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-09-23 20:20:44 - last edited 2020-10-13 03:52:03
Model: Deco M9 Plus  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.4.2 Build 20200821

Hi, 

I've got a M9 Plus system in my house. Works just fine in my house. 

set up: Draytek Vigor2130 - Deco hub (ground floor) - Deco hub second floor.

The connection just outside my house (5m) from the ground floor hub is bad, almost not-existing. 

Future situation

Like above, but with my future garden office at about 20m from my hub on ground floor. Since the reception just outside is already very bad, what can I do to extend the mesh in to my garden office. Would an extra hub in my office (to be built) solve my problem or should i install an extender of some kind while keeping the mesh function.

Your advice is appriciated!

Bastiaan

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Extend Deco M9 to garden office-Solution
2020-10-13 03:51:26 - last edited 2020-10-13 03:52:03

@BasLinkje 

Hello, thanks for replying.

As mentioned earlier, the Deco mesh can only build up among Deco device, not-Deco devices cannot build up a mesh network with Deco devices. Upon to this point, option 2 is recommended.

Good days.

Recommended Solution
Options
3 Reply
Re:Extend Deco M9 to garden office
2020-09-27 11:20:18

@BasLinkje 

Hello,

If the wireless signal from the ground floor Deco is already weak and it is hard for you to install another Deco in the 20m away garden office. It is suggested to add another range extender to extend the ground floor Deco wireless to the garden office and ensure there is a good signal source there. 

You may refer to the below link to find an outdoor access point, such as EAP225-outdoor:
https://www.tp-link.com/business-networking/omada-eap/

However, please be aware that the outdoor access point cannot build a mesh network with the Deco mesh, as Deco can only build the mesh network with Deco units.

Hopefully, that answers your question but let us know if you need more details.

Options
Re:Extend Deco M9 to garden office
2020-10-09 12:23:14 - last edited 2020-10-09 12:33:44

@TP-Link_Deco 

Thank you for your answer. 

I don't have a powersocket in my gardend. An outside AP range extender therefor isn't an option.

However, powerline adapters would work since my garden office and home share an electrical circuit. I have tested this with the TL-PA411 kit I still had lying around. Works fine in terms of speed for me.

But, I would like to have my phone connected to (the same) wifi (SSID) when in my garden office (computer could be wired via UTP). So i would have use an access point. For which I could use one of my three Deco hubs (but would rather not) (option 2) or buy a new powerline adapter with wifi capability (option 1). I'm thinking of two possibe configurations:

option 1: Router (draytek) -- DecoM9 hub -- switch TL-SG105 -- PLC home -- PLC garden office with wifi

Q: Which powerline adapters are capable of simulating/copying or possibly extending my wifi-mesh network in my home? Would TL-WPA4220 be an option?

or

option 2: Router (draytek) -- DecoM9 hub -- switch TL-SG105 -- PLC home -- PLC garden office (TP-PA411) -- Deco M9 hub 

Q: would this work?

With regards

Bastiaan

Options
Re:Extend Deco M9 to garden office-Solution
2020-10-13 03:51:26 - last edited 2020-10-13 03:52:03

@BasLinkje 

Hello, thanks for replying.

As mentioned earlier, the Deco mesh can only build up among Deco device, not-Deco devices cannot build up a mesh network with Deco devices. Upon to this point, option 2 is recommended.

Good days.

Recommended Solution
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1924

Replies: 3

Related Articles