tplinkdns not accessible from Local network but can be accessed from mobile on 4G?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

tplinkdns not accessible from Local network but can be accessed from mobile on 4G?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-09-24 20:53:43
Model: Archer VR2800  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 200227

Hi,

I have a VR2800 and it was working fine with the TPlink's own DDNS until yesterday when I checked...

I cannot access my domain.tplinkdns.com from the computer where I registered, or from any devices within the same network.

Strangely, I can access it when using my phone and 4G network.

Could you please have a look?

Thanks

Options
2 Reply
Re:tplinkdns not accessible from Local network but can be accessed from mobile on 4G?
2020-09-28 08:19:52

@Dreamcast 

Good day.

Thank you very much for your time and patience.

When you failed to access the DDNS, is there any error message?

Are you able to log in to the web interface via WAN IP address?

And if you try to ping the DDNS domain name, what would you get?

Since it was working fine before, are there any firmware update or changes recently?

Thanks a lot.

Options
Re:tplinkdns not accessible from Local network but can be accessed from mobile on 4G?
2020-09-28 09:41:26

@Sunshine 

hi,

Thank you for your reply, and please see below for answers:

Sunshine wrote

@Dreamcast 

Good day.

Thank you very much for your time and patience.

When you failed to access the DDNS, is there any error message? Yes - web browser says "Cannot find the IP address for server " and my DDNS name

Are you able to log in to the web interface via WAN IP address? Yes

And if you try to ping the DDNS domain name, what would you get? "Cannot find server" and my DDNS name, "Please try again"

Since it was working fine before, are there any firmware update or changes recently? Yes - you may remember I tried to upgrade to 200710 firmware but cannot connect to PlusNet via PPPoE so have to downgrade back to 200227, and posted a thread here which you replied....

Thanks a lot.

Thank you very much.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 696

Replies: 2