MS Teams and M5

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

MS Teams and M5

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
MS Teams and M5
MS Teams and M5
2020-09-25 00:55:27
Model: Deco M5  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

I have only had the M5 for just over a month now, and everything is working well with the exception of Teams. I notice with all video watching and other internet activity I am able to walk around my house, switching from one M5 to another without issue. However when I am on a MS Teams call I cannot move around. If I switch to a different M5 to another I lose the Teams audio for 15-20 seconds. I have done this with Windows 10 laptop and Iphone, same on both. I do notice if I turn wifi off on iphone and use cell signal I can walk around without issue. If this normal behavior with instant communication like Teams and any idea if this would be same with all mesh networks?

Options
7 Reply
Re:MS Teams and M5
2020-09-25 09:17:46

@drascotia 

Hello,

May I confirm some basic info and we can see if we can solve it?

1. What is the current network diagram? How many Deco M5 in your network? How are they connected and what is the distance between each other?
2. What kind of service or application will suffer from the disconnection when the devices are moving? Only the MS Teams calls and videos?
3. Ensure the firmware of the Deco M5 is up-to-date.

4. Ensure the wireless adapter on your Windows 10 is also the latest and your iOS version is the latest.

Thanks.

Options
2020-09-26 23:40:46

@TP-Link_Deco 

1. What is the current network diagram? How many Deco M5 in your network? How are they connected and what is the distance between each other?

A: I have 3 M5's in the network, all are Ethernet hard wired. House is 2600sq feet, two level. two are in basement, one near stairs to upper level and then 3rd on 2nd level at the far end of house. House is 75 years old with plaster walls, which makes signal difficult.
2. What kind of service or application will suffer from the disconnection when the devices are moving? Only the MS Teams calls and videos? -

A: Only noticed with MS team calls and Video 
3. Ensure the firmware of the Deco M5 is up-to-date.

A: Firmware is up to date 1.4.7 Build 20200725 rel.63377

4. Ensure the wireless adapter on your Windows 10 is also the latest and your iOS version is the latest.

A: Windows is work laptop, controlled but should be up to date. Issue happen on IOS 13.7 and now 14.o and 14.0.1 on Iphone

Thanks

Options
2020-09-27 02:11:49

@drascotia 

Hi, can you please confirm how the 3 Deco units are connected, via wireless or Ethernet? You may confirm it as below:
On the Deco app, click on the Internet icon, then click on one of the satellite Deco, and you will see the satellite Deco’s signal source. If there is a Wi-Fi icon on the signal source, it means the satellite Deco is using the Wi-Fi backhaul. If there is an Ethernet icon, it means the satellite Deco is using Ethernet backhaul. If possible, show us the screenshot, thanks.

Options
2020-09-30 06:12:19
Options
2020-10-13 05:59:10

@drascotia 

Hello, sorry to respond late.

This issue may need to escalate to our engineers and they will email you, if you are willing to do further analysis, please check your inbox and respond.

Thanks for your cooperation and support. Good day.

Options
2021-06-06 15:16:01

@drascotia 
I have the same problem.

Everything seems to work fine apart from Teams/Skype and the audio which cuts in and out very frequently.
if this is not fixed, I will have to get a new system and given this cost £200 it is not good enough.

I have trawled through the message boards, and have not found any response from TP that provides a solution. 

Any advice please?

Options
2021-06-06 18:05:27

@SebO in the end I could not get it resolved. I returned to Costco where I bought them and got the X60's. Completely solved that problem and coverage  was so much better in my house over the M5's

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 949

Replies: 7

Related Articles