Wifi drops 5 times a day

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Wifi drops 5 times a day

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Wifi drops 5 times a day
Wifi drops 5 times a day
2020-09-25 16:11:55 - last edited 2020-09-27 03:05:32
Model: Archer C80  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.4.6 Build 200628 Rel.56565n(5553)

Hi everyone!

I recently moved into a new house and got my internet set up at the beginning of September. Since the very first day, my Archer C80 router has had the last light go red at least 3 times a day every single day. I've contacted my SP and its not on their end even though the router says its a problem between the router and the internet. I've talked to TP customer support and a senior engineer who has given me some settings to change but the wifi keeps dropping. We just received a replacement router yesterday and within 5 hours had the light go red. Idk what the problem is but any help would be much appreciated.

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Wifi drops 5 times a day-Solution
2020-09-25 18:30:58 - last edited 2020-09-27 03:05:32

@LinkFan 

Hi!

I actually just got off the phone with someone else from my wifi company who told me it was actually on their end and we have a Rogers technician coming Sunday. Disappointing that the first person I spoke to completely denied that it had anything to do with the service provider but at least things will be fixed now. 

thanks for your reply

Recommended Solution
Options
4 Reply
Re:Wifi drops 5 times a day
2020-09-25 18:28:02 - last edited 2020-09-27 15:42:31

@celeste_0614 

celeste_0614 wrote

Hi everyone!

I recently moved into a new house and got my internet set up at the beginning of September. Since the very first day, my Archer C80 router has had the last light go red at least 3 times a day every single day. I've contacted my SP and its not on their end even though the router says its a problem between the router and the internet. I've talked to TP customer support and a senior engineer who has given me some settings to change but the wifi keeps dropping. We just received a replacement router yesterday and within 5 hours had the light go red. Idk what the problem is but any help would be much appreciated.

Celeste - For what it may be worth, I had this very problem with the TP Link AC 1900 I purchased a few months ago. It so alarmed me, as one who had never seen such router behavior during two decades with impeccable LinkSys home routers, I considered eating a loss and returning to LinkSys straight on. What squared me away - so far - was a January 2019 exchange between Tony of TP Link and a gent whose TP router was dumping the internet. The problem, astoundingly, was that the TP Link router did not have reliable settings out of the factory. Tony elucidated a fix, which I adopted and got immediate relief.

Two options I'd offer: 1} Find: "Archer C9 1900 won't connect to Modem", by "Matt", 4 January 2019 13:37:21, and 2) the reply by "Tony" of TP Link, same day, 15:54:35, which is first-rate. I found the exchange through a forlorn Google search, not knowing this forum exists. I doubt I'd still be a TP Link user had I not found it.

If you cannot unearth the exchange, respond to this and I'll email you the exchange I cite. I retained a copy so as not to suffer the same mess again.  

I tend to like the AC 1900 - seems well-made - but my impressions of TP Link documentation are unfavorable

Options
Re:Wifi drops 5 times a day-Solution
2020-09-25 18:30:58 - last edited 2020-09-27 03:05:32

@LinkFan 

Hi!

I actually just got off the phone with someone else from my wifi company who told me it was actually on their end and we have a Rogers technician coming Sunday. Disappointing that the first person I spoke to completely denied that it had anything to do with the service provider but at least things will be fixed now. 

thanks for your reply

Recommended Solution
Options
2020-09-25 19:17:21
All best with that. Should you need copies of the 2019 exchange with TP Link, advise and I'll send ~
Options
2020-09-27 03:07:07

@celeste_0614 

Hello, thanks a lot for your sharing, which is really helpful.

Good to know that the issue is fixed now.

Options