Archer C6 V2 (EU) (AP mode) GUI status information inconsistencies

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-09-26 05:39:06 - last edited 2020-12-17 03:55:34
Model: Archer C6  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 1.3.6 Build 20200902 rel.65591(4555)

Hello,

I use this device as an AP. I have observed this inconsistency since I bought this router. Since then I have upgraded the FW a few times and still this is not addressed.

Looking at the screenshot bellow you will see that at this moment there's no any wireless client connected. That's not true - at this moment I have several wireless clients connected to the 2.4 & 5 GHz band. I have several wired clients connected as well, but again that is not visible from the GUI:

I have never used the device in router mode and I can't say if this issue exists, but this should be addressed for sure.

If this was helpful click once on the arrow pointing upward. If this solves your issue, click once the star to mark it as a "Recommended Solution".
Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Archer C6 V2 (EU) (AP mode) GUI status information inconsistencies-Solution
2020-09-29 03:26:52 - last edited 2021-02-25 07:18:12

@Liverpool20 

An interesting details on the C6 V2 EU emulator. The device is configured in AP mode and actually displays information about wired clients connected.

Is that what I am seeing an issue or not ?

Edit: Hard reset - Method 1 and reconfiguring from scratch doesn't fix this issue. A new FW release is needed to fix this - refer this thread.

If this was helpful click once on the arrow pointing upward. If this solves your issue, click once the star to mark it as a "Recommended Solution".
Recommended Solution
Options
3 Reply
Re:Archer C6 V2 (EU) (AP mode) GUI status information inconsistencies
2020-09-27 07:20:49 - last edited 2020-09-30 23:52:12

@Ivaylo 

Hi, that probably is because there is the data transmission are getting passed through the gateway but not the access point, so it will not record the clients connected to the access point.

What I suggest is you can switch to router mode just to confirm if this will display correctly, if yes, then I think there is no way to fix it.

If my reply helps with the issue, please click on the arrow pointing upward. If it solves your issue, please click the star to mark it as a "Recommended Solution".
Options
Re:Archer C6 V2 (EU) (AP mode) GUI status information inconsistencies
2020-09-27 20:59:00 - last edited 2020-09-30 23:50:23

@Liverpool20 

I followed your suggestion and switched to router mode - everything is OK here. But take a look at the first post of this thread.

Options
Re:Archer C6 V2 (EU) (AP mode) GUI status information inconsistencies-Solution
2020-09-29 03:26:52 - last edited 2021-02-25 07:18:12

@Liverpool20 

An interesting details on the C6 V2 EU emulator. The device is configured in AP mode and actually displays information about wired clients connected.

Is that what I am seeing an issue or not ?

Edit: Hard reset - Method 1 and reconfiguring from scratch doesn't fix this issue. A new FW release is needed to fix this - refer this thread.

Recommended Solution
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1116

Replies: 3